Pain behind the knee, any ideas???

1 watcher
Aug 2011
8:48am, 18 Aug 2011
64 posts
  •  
Ediam2009
Hey Fetchies.

I did a repeat stride session yesterday lunch time and by the evening had a lot of pain in the back my left knee right between the 2 tendon. Any idea what it could be and what I should do to make better.

Neil
Aug 2011
9:12am, 18 Aug 2011
574 posts
  •  
Dirk
isn't that ITBS?
p^2
Aug 2011
12:20am, 20 Aug 2011
4 posts
  •  
p^2
Maybe popliteus strain, which gave me some trouble a couple of years ago.

I found stretch band exercises helpful in building strength. See description at rocklandroadrunners.org

Also concentrated on running form: for a couple of weeks, concentrated on not allowing my shin to rotate outward between touchdown and push-off (i.e keep toes pointing straight ahead, not allowing them to drift to pointing outward). After that and a bit of strengthening I could run without pain on smooth surfaces. Rough terrain took a while longer.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ediam2009
Hey Fetchies.

I did a repeat stride session yesterday lunch time and by the evening had a lot of ...