Pain along side of foot - along arch

2 watchers
Jul 2011
2:08pm, 29 Jul 2011
764 posts
  •  
Theboybarry
pdlabs.net

I've developed this recently. Similiar symptoms to yourself. Have a good feel of the tendon running under your foot. My lump is pretty obvious when you find it ! All the same exercises as PF but does need more specific stretches and warming up before and after running.
Jul 2011
7:50pm, 29 Jul 2011
134 posts
  •  
golfpag
i have had this for a couple of years now the lumps havent got bigger and seem to have settled done although still there i was told by consultant that they can be removed but will probaly return and that the op can only be done twice otherwise to much of the plantar will have been removed and become weak.Also they couldnt say how quick they would return so choose not to have op and leave it to a last resort
Jul 2011
7:55pm, 29 Jul 2011
679 posts
  •  
Incognito
I have something very similar, have been going to the pyhsio who said that she thought it was an inflammed tendon, but when I went today she now thinks it is coming from a nerve in my back S4/S5 in lumber region ??
Jul 2011
8:40pm, 29 Jul 2011
1,954 posts
  •  
mad4it
Is PF a tendon injury? If so how long does this take to heal?
Jul 2011
8:45pm, 29 Jul 2011
137 posts
  •  
golfpag
it is generally inflamation of the tendon where it joins the heel and how long is a piece of string it can take many months or years
Jul 2011
10:58am, 31 Jul 2011
1,956 posts
  •  
mad4it
Mine's nearer the big toe at the joint underside along the tendon at the middle arch of my foot, ironically I was not running when it happened, I had heels on stood up and felt something go with a very sharp pain which prevented me putting my weight on the toe side of my foot, physio says I've torn the tendon just frustrated that it taking so long to heal, over 4 months now:-(
Aug 2011
9:12pm, 2 Aug 2011
9 posts
  •  
Krissie
Could this explain the pain, and freaky little lump that I have developed on the inside of my left arch then? :-0

[img]http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7992/008uob.th.jpg[/img]
Aug 2011
9:13pm, 2 Aug 2011
10 posts
  •  
Krissie
img717.imageshack.us
Aug 2011
9:16pm, 2 Aug 2011
4,778 posts
  •  
BelleVueRacer of Beartown
Get rid of the new shoes you wore for everyday use. Hopefully not too late to get yer money back.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by emdee
Possibly a bit of an odd one this..

I've recently (for a few weeks) had a vague ache in the vic...