P and D Training for April 2014 Marathon

5 watchers
Nov 2013
11:02am, 24 Nov 2013
47 posts
  •  
whiteflash
Going to follow P & D plan 18w / 55m for Manchester in April 2014 wondered if others were using this for Spring Mara? I think the plan should start 9 December but I am just getting in a few base miles.
Nov 2013
11:38am, 24 Nov 2013
28230 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Good luck! I'm sure there will be other people using P&D.

I set off on the 70mpw schedules a few years ago, but the midweek long run was the straw that threatened to break the dinosaur's back and I couldn't maintain it. If I was just running, I'd base my spring marathon training on P&D again, but since I'll probably do most of my training on my bike I'll be heading down the Furman trail.
Nov 2013
11:56am, 24 Nov 2013
329 posts
  •  
Roberto
Im tempted to follow the 55 to 70 for Edinburgh, but havent decided yet. Need to get some miles in the bank before that, as I havent been doing anything recently.
Nov 2013
12:07pm, 24 Nov 2013
350 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Although this thread http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=42579 was originally a 70-85 P&D one, it's sort of covers all P&Ds now - so yes a few others on there about to start in the next week or two.

If you're doing Manchester, then it's next week, ie 2nd that the plan starts, not the 9th ( although the first day is a resy day ;-) )
Nov 2013
12:10pm, 24 Nov 2013
7877 posts
  •  
RichHL
I'm using the same plan for the same marathon but I might modify the first couple of weeks because I'm coming off quite a low base. I don't want to spanner myself right at the start.
Nov 2013
2:25pm, 24 Nov 2013
48 posts
  •  
whiteflash
Thanks Gus, didn't realise that a thread was already live. I must have calculated it wrong for the 18 weeks (not a good start is it?!)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by whiteflash
Going to follow P & D plan 18w / 55m for Manchester in April 2014 wondered if others were using this...

Heart Rate Analysis

See your heart rate training data from the last 12 months broken down in technicolour.

Flat as a pancake?

We've collected thousands of your reviews from events, and worked out which races give you the best chance of a fast time!

UTMOST

Beat your league rivals to gain weekly promotion. Compete at every distance from a mile to a marathon.

Marathon Prediction

We delve deeper to give you greater insights when working out your goal marathon time.

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 108,886 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here