Oxford parkrun

13 watchers
Oct 2011
1:50pm, 31 Oct 2011
1,356 posts
  •  
Blackbird Leys ( boy)
i used to live 500 yards from the park in the early 80's.
Nov 2011
8:54pm, 1 Nov 2011
683 posts
  •  
Jo-bee
I went to the pilot a couple of weeks ago. It's a nice course mainly on grass, not much uphill at all so quite a fast course i'd say. Me and my 13 year old son will be there on Saturday - really looking forward to it! :-)
Nov 2011
8:58pm, 1 Nov 2011
177 posts
  •  
Mr J
Hope to be there on Saturday
Nov 2011
9:14pm, 1 Nov 2011
929 posts
  •  
solitude_fairy
Tempted to come along on saturday.
Nov 2011
10:56am, 2 Nov 2011
2,135 posts
  •  
lunaman
Excellent stuff. Forecast is for mist, so chances of getting lost on this new course are high! In continued injury-recovery mode, I'll probably be jogging round as part of a longer run. I think we're still waiting to see what post-run coffee arrangements are - there aren't any coffee shops very locally I'm afraid.
Nov 2011
11:08am, 2 Nov 2011
685 posts
  •  
Jo-bee
Shame about the coffee thing, I've only been to one other parkrun which is Abingdon and I loved the arrangment with Coffee republic and lots of people went after for a coffee and a chat.. I thought it was very friendly and a nice way to finish parkrun! :-)
Nov 2011
11:18am, 2 Nov 2011
2,136 posts
  •  
lunaman
I suppose, as we're in Oxford, we could all head for the river, jump in a punt and drink pimms all the way back to the city centre instead!
Nov 2011
1:28pm, 2 Nov 2011
275 posts
  •  
Half Empty
If my son doesn't have football training then I may be there, we came along as watched the trial run as he wanted to check out the course in case he does do it.

I was thinking about coffee when we were there and the easiest place may be the services at Peartree, they have a Starbucks there, otherwise you are looking at paying for more parking somewhere else
Nov 2011
10:48am, 5 Nov 2011
2,137 posts
  •  
lunaman
What a lovely first day turnout - 50 runners counted. Nice to see so many, and say hi to Rach and Gobi (congrats on the win!). I enjoyed a great progressive workout, but couldn't make it to coffee - the venue is the Summertown Wine Cafe about a mile away (yes, they do serve coffee too, though it ain't cheap).
Not the fastest of routes - a sharp turn and a short incline twice with lots of grass.
Nov 2011
12:09pm, 5 Nov 2011
687 posts
  •  
Jo-bee
Sorry but I couldn't get there in the end. So glad to hear there was such a good turnout though! will be there on the 19th definitely!!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Oi oi. The first ever Oxford parkrun launches on November 5th, in ... Oxford!

Parkrun page: parkrun.org.uk

FB page: facebook.com