Oxford Half Marathon

12 watchers
Sep 2011
7:41am, 25 Sep 2011
1,248 posts
  •  
Blackbird Leys ( boy)aka Waccyracer
Good luck to all who are running today. :)
Sep 2011
5:57pm, 25 Sep 2011
4,224 posts
  •  
Peacey
Well done to the organisers today, few teething issues but overall a good event. Well done to them.

Course needs a bit of sorting as narrow in places but overall it was ok, end of the day it's a city race and there had to be some give & take. I enjoyed it, I'm sure some middle pack runners will disagree but this is my opinion.
Sep 2011
6:21pm, 25 Sep 2011
1,252 posts
  •  
Blackbird Leys ( boy)aka Waccyracer
Have a look on RW to see what 95% of the posters have to say about it.

Don't take no notice of what i say
as i am extremely biased. :)

Although i do think we could have all given BMW 10 seconds of our time as we ran through the factory and built a Mini for them.

It's amazing what you can make on the run.
Sep 2011
11:43am, 26 Sep 2011
2 posts
  •  
KingKenny72
My first Half and enjoyed it, didn't quite make sub 2 hour, was on target at mile 11 as well (1hr 39) but legs just went. Only bad traffic management was coming through Littlemore at the end, otherwise all fine, thought the volunteers at the water stations did a great job (a lot of kids helping out), and good support most of the way round & the stadium finish was a nice touch. Need to recover for the Coniston Lakeland trail run on Saturday, legs do not feel good today!!
Nov 2011
8:17pm, 21 Nov 2011
18 posts
  •  
crookedsmile
I was very excited to hear about the Oxford Half Marathon (just read a review of it in Runner's World), but can't find any information about next year's race, or when they might be releasing information about next year's race... does anybody know anything?
Sep 2012
2:00pm, 24 Sep 2012
983 posts
  •  
crooked-smile
Are any fetchies doing this this year?
Sep 2012
2:04pm, 24 Sep 2012
1,899 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
No, but it is local to my folks and I am looking for Half's for 2013 so will be watching this thread in the hope someone has some info!
Sep 2012
2:04pm, 24 Sep 2012
57 posts
  •  
KingKenny72
New route looks better.

Doing Liverpool Marathon instead this year which is on the same day otherwise would have done it.
Sep 2012
2:05pm, 24 Sep 2012
984 posts
  •  
crooked-smile
I'll let you know hermanbloom, have entered and have just booked my (expensive) flights down, so there's no backing out now!
Oct 2012
9:22pm, 2 Oct 2012
945 posts
  •  
FurryFeet
Did any one experience OHM parking at the mini-plant in Oxford last year?
Just found out I've been allocated a parking space there, despite only just missing the early bird cut off.
The information in the race information is woefully inadequate!
A) I assume they will transfer supporters, but do they need the runner to be with them?
B) how often do the buses run?
C) when do the buses start running for the return?
D) how late do the buses run till after the event?

Had been looking forward to this, but the parking set up seems very poor! Hopefully i'm over reacting. Can anyone put my mind at rest?

About This Thread

Maintained by RichHL
I know this is a new race but does anybody know anything about it? My boss asked me about it this mo...