Oxford Half Marathon

12 watchers
Jun 2011
1:46pm, 6 Jun 2011
448 posts
  •  
RichHL
I know this is a new race but does anybody know anything about it? My boss asked me about it this morning. He's a beginner and was thinking about it as his first Half.

oxfordhalfmarathon.co.uk
Jun 2011
2:01pm, 6 Jun 2011
2,603 posts
  •  
icemaiden
LastoftheTimeLords had some interesting things to report about the organisation of this new event in his blog, but it is buddies only.

As it is a new event I'd probably steer clear in any case as it could go horribly wrong.

If he wants to run a HM I suggest he looks on the race finder here or on RW for a tried and tested event.
Jun 2011
2:05pm, 6 Jun 2011
450 posts
  •  
RichHL
That's basically what I said. I've advised him to get some more training in, do some parkruns and at least one 10k and maybe do St Neots in November. Thanks, icemaiden. :-)
Jun 2011
2:12pm, 6 Jun 2011
2,604 posts
  •  
icemaiden
If he wants to do St Neots tell him to apply now, places run out fast and it is good to get a target in the diary. If he's not ready there'll be plenty of people who will want that place.
Jun 2011
2:20pm, 6 Jun 2011
451 posts
  •  
RichHL
I got my entry in for St Neots nice and early and I've suggested that he sort his entry out today. When I checked this morning there were fewer than 300 places left.
Jun 2011
2:22pm, 6 Jun 2011
5,856 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I can run past the local sewage works, thank you, without needing to travel to Oxford for a race.
Jun 2011
2:45pm, 6 Jun 2011
2,605 posts
  •  
icemaiden
So can I ChrisHB! Two HMs in MK do it.
Jun 2011
6:22pm, 6 Jun 2011
4,199 posts
  •  
Peacey
Well Oxford needs a race like a half, I'm sure there will teething issues as there normally is when setting up a new race, I'm sure some mistakes will be made nut good luck to the organisers & the race. Negativity doesn't help, maybe helping the organisers would be more beneficial.
Jun 2011
6:28pm, 6 Jun 2011
459 posts
  •  
RichHL
I wish the organisers well and hope they put a good race together. Oxford does deserve a race like this. I lived there for a few years so I know the city quite well. My own misgivings about it for my boss is that he wouldn't have enough time to get his training done so that he could enjoy his race without worrying.
Jun 2011
6:29pm, 6 Jun 2011
2,638 posts
  •  
Jambomo
I love Oxford - I hope it goes well this year and i'll go down for it next year and also visit my friend, if it's on again :)

About This Thread

Maintained by RichHL
I know this is a new race but does anybody know anything about it? My boss asked me about it this mo...