Owch ...... Heel pain

1 watcher
Aug 2015
6:36pm, 17 Aug 2015
171 posts
  •  
Darting
Hi Guys

Following a cross country run I have developed heel pain! It's on the back of the heel, isolated to a 5cm area and it is so bad that I couldn't run. I have done all of the usual things like ice, heat, ibuprofen, rest and massage and today it feels a bit better. I'm itching to run and can't take much more core exercises so I could do with some advice!

How long do you leave an injury like this before ' trying' it out?

Was it plantar fascilitis?

What would you do? a) Don't run for another week. b) Run a bit. c) Back on the half training programme.

Please let me know what you think!

Darting
Aug 2015
11:40pm, 17 Aug 2015
11,528 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I don't think PF comes suddenly and it certainly doesn't go quickly. Also, you can run on it until it's really bad.

Try running barefoot on some suitable grass and see what happens to your heel.

Ibuprofen only masks pain and doesn't cause healing, so don't be deceived.
Aug 2015
3:09pm, 18 Aug 2015
172 posts
  •  
Darting
Many thanks I'll have a gentle few miles on grass tomorrow
.B.
Aug 2015
3:16pm, 18 Aug 2015
18,456 posts
  •  
.B.
Hi Darting this http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=39460
is the PF thread, lots of advice in there that might help, and if you post in there you might get responses form people who follow the htread but may have missed your post.
I hope you heal soon

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Darting
Hi Guys

Following a cross country run I have developed heel pain! It's on the back of the heel, ...