BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

overseas races (mainly 10k)

1 lurker | 8 watchers
Mar 2011
9:48pm, 15 Mar 2011
10 posts
  •  
roofrack
jacobus,
looks like an interesting race your club has chosen there. european capital of culture? you learn something new everyday!
how many of your club would go away together?
Mar 2011
9:50pm, 15 Mar 2011
11 posts
  •  
roofrack
hi dvorak,
yes you came recommended! thanks for the german link and the postcode advice. got plenty of research tools now. just need to do some running too!
thanks again
Mar 2011
10:09pm, 15 Mar 2011
20505 posts
  •  
Foxy Davy
Amsterdam do just about every distance on marathon day - theres 42km, 21km & either 10 or 5 ? - Mid october ussually ?
Mar 2011
10:42pm, 15 Mar 2011
8436 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Hey, thanks for this thread, roofrack. It's come up with some handy info for me as well.

Remember, if you're going to go to France, you need to get a medical certificate signed by your GP. Mine charged me a tenner for it.

I'm off to trawl the German races now...
Mar 2011
10:43pm, 15 Mar 2011
4231 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
German races - I'd actually fancy one as well :-)
Mar 2011
7:04am, 16 Mar 2011
12 posts
  •  
roofrack
hello DeeGee,
yes very pleased with the feedback i have received. i should have known i would. i bumped into a couple of fetchies a couple of years ago (how i know about the site), in richmond park and they were very friendly and helpful. i only posted for the 1st time last week, and got some good info back about a race in barcelona, which i was thinking of doing, next month. until i ran a 5k last saturday and realised how unfit i am. need to get a bit fitter first i think.
very impressed with how you have improved your times. i am slowly getting back from a broken foot, and seem to be going the wrong way. hence my idea with overseas trips, to provide that extra incentive
Mar 2011
7:06am, 16 Mar 2011
13 posts
  •  
roofrack
hi SpicedApple,
becca7 was right about there being plenty to choose from in Germany! could take me some time...
Mar 2011
7:19am, 16 Mar 2011
4233 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
A trip will definitely be a good incentive. :-)

If I was going to do a race in Germany, it would be more because of place than race, so I wouldn;t have to trail through all those races. ;-) Good luck in finding one you like!
Mar 2011
7:32am, 16 Mar 2011
14 posts
  •  
roofrack
hi SpiceApple,
you are absolutely right. the bremen one (maybe the beer) looks a good one, but apart from that, with stunning unoriginality, i will be looking at hamburg, berlin and munich.

it is also why the race cloggy linked is also very appealing, as i have never been to amsterdam (i know it isn't in germany!)
Mar 2011
5:46pm, 16 Mar 2011
4234 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Roofrack, I'm actually German, so wouldn't go for a race only, but to see family and friends, so that's why I might choose more out-of-the-way locations. ;-)

Have fun planning!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
hi,

i have been using the site for a while, mainly to find races with the finder (not much of a p...