ostioarthritis - how do you manage it?

2 watchers
Sep 2011
1:04pm, 28 Sep 2011
619 posts
  •  
makkem
Was told 3 years ago, I've got a touch of arthritis in L hip. Has affected running style, now more of a shuffle & I find it easier to run on treadie than outdoors. Longest run for this year's GNR was 2 miles or so, hence my walking most of the way.
Mar 2012
4:59pm, 2 Mar 2012
133 posts
  •  
Pegg
An xray has shown my OA in my right knee has got considerably worse following an injury in September. Even just standing up for a day makes it hurt and I can't run even 3 miles without it hurting. Any advice re running with it would be appreciated. At the moment I'm trying to build up the muscles around the knee and doing short walk/runs but it's still really painful...
Mar 2012
1:13pm, 6 Mar 2012
580 posts
  •  
NellyMarcos
Mine is left big toe (confirmed last year) but right is showing symptoms now too. For me, it is about keeping joint warm. I take 1500mg of G&C every day and keep as active as possible, some days it really aches, some days it is really stiff, I always know its there though.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by NellyMarcos
Right. Had xray and it showed ostioarthritis, I was referred to a podiatrist, who I saw last week, h...