•  
devin28
[Removed by moderator]
Jan 2019
12:14pm, 25 Jan 2019
2,042 posts
  •  
Fitz
Well, as first posts go, that's quite the sales spiel.
Feb 2019
7:59pm, 1 Feb 2019
First-time poster!!
  •  
wints712
Many people who have greater cases of osteitis pubis will have an abnormal gait pattern. X-rays of patients with osteitis pubis typically show an irregular pubis symphysis with bone edges and evidence of chronic inflammation. Osteitis pubis is an uncommon cause of pain in the groin and pelvis. The pubic symphysis is a thin joint that under normal circumstances has very minimum motion.
Feb 2019
9:08pm, 2 Feb 2019
2,060 posts
  •  
Fitz
Quite.
Mar 2019
2:51pm, 8 Mar 2019
10 posts
  •  
Stig-OT-Dump
Went to the Dr in Jan last year, referred for a scan and got the results today. Signs of OP and arthritis - no hernia.

Originally it was pain in my right testicle, now it's wider spread across my abdomen and down my inner thigh.

Been useful reading the above comments.
Thank you all
Stig
Mar 2019
2:58pm, 8 Mar 2019
30,641 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Good luck Stig, hope you get it sorted. Took about 6 months, but mine recovered fully (well almost, still get twinges) and I've run a few races since being told I'd never be able to train again (15 marathons, 6 ultra marathons including 100 milers and a total of 14000 miles run? There is hope!) :-) G
Mar 2019
3:47pm, 8 Mar 2019
2,093 posts
  •  
Fitz
Best wishes for recovery, Stig.

I've still got it, but manage it fairly well with pre-run IBPF and activation exercises. As I've increase mileage and intensity this year training for VMLM, it's become a bit more chronic and 48 hours between runs no longer feels like enough.

I'm planning to go back to the doc after VMLM to see about further treatment.
Mar 2019
1:24pm, 9 Mar 2019
543 posts
  •  
iaincr
The good thing, according to my consultant, is that once you have had it and recovered you should be cured! bones fuse together and much more stable. nearly 3 years on for me since I started running after 7 months out, no reoccurrence. The important thing was to rest enough to allow it to fully recover.
Oct 2019
4:23pm, 29 Oct 2019
6,130 posts
  •  
♣BelleVueRacer♣ of Beartown
Had it 5 years now. Spent time and money on it. Won't go.
Oct 2019
9:19am, 30 Oct 2019
576 posts
  •  
iaincr
are you sure it is oesitis pubis? and giving it a good enough rest to recover? I was also investigated for a hernia, sure its not that? 5 years seems a long time to have it!

I was given a load of exercises to strengthen the muscles round about it, have you had any?

I feel your pain, it really is a nasty injury!

About This Thread

Maintained by M62 Santa
I have it so am after some advice (disinfecting the ice pack, how often to take vitamin I etc...).