orthotics and shoes

1 watcher
Mar 2014
5:19pm, 23 Mar 2014
72 posts
  •  
Arjin
Just finished running a 10k and I have huge blister in the arch of my left foot.

Ive recently got orthotics to sort out my plantair fasciitis, and they are working a treat. Long term plan is to strengthen my hip and ankle enough to not need them, but that's another story...

I've been running in Inov8 road x 255's, but they're no good with the orthotics in (although I did manage a pb), the edge of the raised arch dug into the bottom of my foot enough to cause the blister and the heel is low (well, the orthotics raise my heel), so my feet were coming out of the shoe. I've tied the laces to create a loop with the top 2 holes which means the shoes are as tight as can be.

What do other people wear that hold an orthotic well? I'm a size 11 (11 1/2 running shoe) and a midfoot striker, so looking for something with a small heel to toe drop. It can be zero, but doesn't need to be. The Inov8s are 9mm.

Saucony's have been suggested, but I can't remember which models.

Look forward to people's thoughts :)))
Mar 2014
5:56pm, 23 Mar 2014
748 posts
  •  
Fitz
I wear custom-made orthotics (from Foot Factor, see link on the home page) with Brooks Adrenaline GTS. I first got them in 2011 as part of my recovery from ITBS and have worn them ever since. I went back this year for a new pair and they immediately (within 2 miles) created a blister under my left arch. Took them back for adjustment and they're fine now.
Mar 2014
1:04pm, 25 Mar 2014
76 posts
  •  
Arjin
I'm looking for a neutral shoe, with a lower heel. Glad these work for you though Fitz :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Arjin
Just finished running a 10k and I have huge blister in the arch of my left foot.

Ive recently got...