•  
LindsD
Me too!
Feb 2021
8:20pm, 14 Feb 2021
32,553 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
I'm idly browsing the internet and wetsuits with a front zip have hove into view. I'm very attracted by the price of this one lightinthebox.com but I've never heard of the make or the website, and I know generally you get what you pay for ;-) Does anyone have any knowledge of this make please? I'm not going to be using it more than once a week if that.
Feb 2021
8:37pm, 14 Feb 2021
19,692 posts
  •  
Rosehip
lightinthebox will never stop sending emails nor turning up in adverts if you buy from them - I bought youngest a T-shirt, it is OK, but not the best quality.
Feb 2021
8:44pm, 14 Feb 2021
25,245 posts
  •  
Sushi.
LD- that says diving wetsuit so may be difficult to swim in.
Never heard of the make and I’ve bought a few.
Also bought from lightinthebox, as well as never ending emails and adverts, I wasn’t impressed by the quality or the sizing.
The items I got were extremely small for size. When I tried to return them I would’ve had to pay for their return internationally. They offered me 1/2 the cost and to keep the items in the end though customer service was very slow.

Personally I wouldn’t buy a wetsuit from them.
Decathlon have reasonably priced wetsuits that I’ve heard good reports about.
Feb 2021
9:07pm, 14 Feb 2021
45,007 posts
  •  
LindsD
Louiseruns has a Decathlon wetsuit. She really likes it.
Feb 2021
9:19pm, 14 Feb 2021
25,247 posts
  •  
Sushi.
How soon are you wanting to swim?
I’m sure decathlon do mail order with returns possible or wait till you can go try one on
Feb 2021
7:52am, 15 Feb 2021
32,555 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Not until lockdown ends, Sushi. I was particularly looking for a front zip as I can't manage a back zip by myself. I'll ignore the lightbox one - I was doubtful, which is why I asked :-)

Thanks for all your replies everyone :-)
Feb 2021
8:06am, 15 Feb 2021
25,265 posts
  •  
Sushi.
Have a look at run/swim wetsuits LD.

I have one and it’s front zipping and comes just below knees and above elbows.

I’ll find a link for you.
Feb 2021
8:12am, 15 Feb 2021
25,266 posts
  •  
Sushi.
There’s a lot of different ones to look at but this sort of thing

wetsuitcentre.co.uk
Feb 2021
1:15pm, 16 Feb 2021
219 posts
  •  
LouiseRuns 🌹🇬🇧 🇪🇺
I think I've had my decathlon suit for two or three seasons now. It's certainly done the trick for me, but I don't do massive long times/distances or anything, and I've not tried it beyond about October. For the price, it's really good.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nick Cook
There didn't seem to be a thread devoted to open water swimming, so I thought I'd start one.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.