Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Online Poker

5 watchers
22 Nov
10:29am, 22 Nov 2020
3358 posts
Goofee
Are you a fetchie online poker player?

If so would you have any interest in a weekly (or maybe monthly) Pokerstars tournament exclusive to fetchies?

I'm thinking low buy-in, slow structure, so nothing serious, just a bit of fun for a couple of hours.

What do you reckon?
22 Nov
11:13pm, 22 Nov 2020
2317 posts
Fitz
I'd have thought this thread would have got more action, so Bump!

I did learn the rudiments of Texas Hold'em in the first online poker boom around 10 years ago, and even won a small cash tourney on whatever platform I was using at the time, so long ago I can't remember but there's probably a fiver still in that account...

Didn't keep at it though, so won't be troubling the high rollers' room at The Bellagio any time soon.
23 Nov
9:11am, 23 Nov 2020
3364 posts
Goofee
I was expecting a little more interest too, Fitz! :-)

For anyone who has maybe thought about giving poker a go but is unsure as to how to go about it, or like Fitz dabbled a while ago, I envisage this would be a really low-key, friendly thing - it would be exclusive to fetchies, so of course it would be pleasant!

I believe you can set up an account on PokerStars for a $20 deposit and also establish deposit limits. There are beginners guides on the website explaining how to play but also many YouTube introductions to the game. You can also practice with play money.

I would be thinking in terms of a monthly tournament with a really low buy-in, maybe $1 (+ 10c to the website, so it would only cost you $1.10). For that you would get 10,000 chips and play the No Limit Texas Hold 'em version of poker until everyone gets knocked out, depending on how many entrants there are this might take a couple of hours and the prize money would be shared between the top 20% of finishers (if fewer than 5 entrants, then winner takes all)
23 Nov
4:01pm, 23 Nov 2020
725 posts
Scorge
yeah, i would be game whatever the structure/stakes.
24 Nov
2:19pm, 24 Nov 2020
1493 posts
Salty Dog
Yes please! Sad to say my Pokerstars account hasn't seen much poker action lately. The 'Betstars' bit gets used for my weekly footie accumulator (fail) but it would be nice to see if I still know how to play the game I signed up for in the first place.
24 Nov
2:23pm, 24 Nov 2020
12731 posts
JK *chameleon*
*lurks*

I played Texas Hold'em with the Tenpin Bowling club at uni many years ago - low stakes at the time as we were povvy students, but it was a good laugh (especially as we were normally a few drinks in by that point...) Unfortunately a couple of the lads got a bit serious, and one is now a professional player - took the fun out of it a bit!

I don't have a functioning PC at the moment, so probably can't join in just yet, but it's definitely something I'd be interested in - always wanted to get back to playing, but my housemate is completely uncompetitive, and so I never really got to it.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Goofee
Are you a fetchie online poker player?

If so would you have any interest in a weekly (or maybe ...