•  
plodding hippo
Lurk
Jan 2020
10:34am, 3 Jan 2020
4,650 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
I've booked a yoga class this evening and asked about a beginners course starting in a couple of weeks.

One of my challenges is actually having a lot of options about when I do things, but I generally look for the least inconvenient to others, which means I sometimes drop or avoid training when I'd like to.

For example, there's no reason why I couldn't do parkrun on Saturday and then go for a bike ride, swim or yoga. But my internal dialogue often convinces me that I 'should' only do one thing for me and then get on with other stuff (house chores etc).
I'm trying to keep Sundays free now for photography and walking with Mr S, but realistically that's only half a day, so I do still have time for other stuff including writing.
Jan 2020
1:24pm, 3 Jan 2020
32,366 posts
  •  
LindsD
I'm the same, Scribbs
Jan 2020
5:38pm, 3 Jan 2020
16,231 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I’ve spent some money today but only on food for the 9 hour journey home tomorrow. We had catered really well for our week away and have only just run out of enough ingredients to make a ‘meal-on-the-move’.
I’ve logged exercise again too #lovin’this
Jan 2020
6:30pm, 3 Jan 2020
3,898 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Well I didn’t run but it certainly wasn’t down to not bothering. As the afternoon went on I felt gradually more unwell and now I’m here I’m my pj’s with a 38+ degree temperature. I’m off food and have achy joints. So fed up 🙁 Here’s hoping it’s a short lived thing and I’m back on my feet soon
Jan 2020
6:31pm, 3 Jan 2020
3,899 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Well down to all of you who are keeping up with your goals!
Jan 2020
8:07pm, 3 Jan 2020
1,723 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Back to logging on mfp and haven't dived into the chocolate in the cupboard today. No alcohol drank, went out for a walk earlier and haven't bought any new gym kit (the stuff that arrived today was ordered before 31st Dec ;) )
Jan 2020
9:14pm, 3 Jan 2020
16,128 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
Hello peeps :)
This thread was on my watch list and I'm pleased to see it back active

Added 4 goals for January:
3 x runs a week
2 x cross training a week
Declutter my wardrobe
Keep journaling

Scribbler I too know that feeling

SusiesueH hope you feel better soon

And well done IW, especially on the kit ;)
Jan 2020
11:43am, 4 Jan 2020
1,796 posts
  •  
PenW
Hope you feel better soon SusieSue.
Jan 2020
11:28am, 20 Jan 2020
1,807 posts
  •  
PenW
How is everyone doing now we’re 2/3 into the month?

Mine is a mixed bag...

Do some relaxation or mindfulness of some sort every day ✅ Yes I’ve managed something pretty much every day - mostly it’s been the daily yoga with Adriene

Declutter something every day ❎ This one hasn’t worked for me. I think there’s been too much on so I lost the drive for it. Must have a think about how to adapt to make it work better.

Do a craft activity - not yet - good reminder!

Core exercises twice a week - well I’m going to count some of the yoga as core so yes kind of done.

I think it can be helpful to see what works and also what doesn’t work and what might need to be adapted (or just what can be learned!)

About This Thread

Maintained by Iron_Mum
Forget new year's resolutions: sort your life one month at a time. Choose up to four things you want to focus on this month, commit to them, and let us kick you up the bum until you achieve them. Then do it all again.

This could just be your most productive year ever. :-)

Spreadsheet is here: docs.google.com

"Goals are not what I do tomorrow, it's what I do today." - Cuddy, 2014