One foot bigger than the other.....?

1 watcher
Oct 2012
7:45pm, 15 Oct 2012
1,647 posts
  •  
TnoP
It's really weird. I've been running for a while now but only in the last few months has this really started to bother me. While my left foot fits snugly in the shoe, my right seems to have a bit of room, thus causing me to want to curl my big toe up as a shuffle along. Now, I know I shouldn't and a blister can't be far away, it's like an itch I have to scratch! Must be the newer trainers thinks I but no, I've tried some of the well worn pairs and the same happens.....
I can only conclude that my left foot is slightly bigger than the right?
So a) is this strange? b) is it common to have one foot bigger than the other (if that is indeed what it is)? and c) can you buy shoes of different sizes anywhere?
Oct 2012
7:46pm, 15 Oct 2012
5,117 posts
  •  
Chrisull
a) No!
b) I do - my right is 7 and a half, my left is 7
c) Not that I've noticed, I normally buy 8s and be done with it, I only notice when the 8s are too tight on the right.
Oct 2012
7:47pm, 15 Oct 2012
1,490 posts
  •  
AdminLiz
Completely normal!

Try some of the outlet stores, JD Sports have shelves of odd sized shoes!
Oct 2012
7:54pm, 15 Oct 2012
2,961 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
My right foot is about a third of a size bigger than the other. I always try on the right first and if it fits the left will generally be okay. It's quite common for the left to be alright and the right to be too small. I think my right arch isn't as high as the left and I seem to pronate more on that side

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by TnoP
It's really weird. I've been running for a while now but only in the last few months has this real...