Olympics

53 watchers
Aug 2012
10:44pm, 16 Aug 2012
15,019 posts
  •  
Ultra Kanga Kazzaaaaah!!
Went past the Park last night. Even with the lights on in the venues it still seemed really sad - like it really wanted people in there and athletes doing their thing!
Aug 2012
7:23am, 17 Aug 2012
78 posts
  •  
Rory Rhubarb
Thanks Herman - managed to get a ticket for Athletics
Aug 2012
8:09am, 17 Aug 2012
28,558 posts
  •  
Toks
Not been able to get any?? How do u get the tickets, tried yesterday on d website, how do you buy them?? Am I doing something wrong??
Aug 2012
8:14am, 17 Aug 2012
2,291 posts
  •  
SpeedyMel
I think they went pretty quickly Toks. After I bought mine I went back in just to see what events I'd booked for, as I'd just put in a load of sessions without really looking, and they had already gone. All the wheelchair basketball ones went within and hour too. They only went up to 3rd Sept though, so maybe they'll release more for the second week. :-)
Aug 2012
8:36am, 17 Aug 2012
15,020 posts
  •  
Ultra Kanga Kazzaaaaah!!
I'd like to get an Orbit ticket for the last day but have never seen any. Wonder if it's actually open that day?
Aug 2012
9:30am, 17 Aug 2012
80 posts
  •  
Rory Rhubarb
Toks the system is pathetic (IMHO) I initially tried for 2x Athletics tickets for Aug 31st and 1 for september 5th - After 5 minutes it came back saying couldn't find any. Immediately tried for just the 1 for September 5th. Same session, same ticket price - and got that one. Would appear that unless it can find tickets for all sessions requested it will reject it - My advice is to try for 1 session at a time if anymore become available
Aug 2012
9:31am, 17 Aug 2012
81 posts
  •  
Rory Rhubarb
Just watched last's night BBC2 drama about the birth of the paralympics "The best of men". Shouldn't have watched it with such a high pollen count I think
Aug 2012
10:26am, 17 Aug 2012
8,680 posts
  •  
runner duck
i watched it too - that pesky pollen!

also finally got round to watching the pendleton programme. it seems ridiculous to feel sorry for a world champion but i did. she seems to be a very mixed up and under-confident person. i hope she finds happiness in life after cycling.
Aug 2012
10:34am, 17 Aug 2012
82 posts
  •  
Rory Rhubarb
That was also a great insight
Aug 2012
11:34am, 17 Aug 2012
2,293 posts
  •  
SpeedyMel
Rory I found the opposite. I put in two sessions seperately, the second one after being rejected for the first, and got rejected. I then just did 4 sessions that I could make randomly and put them all in together and one came back yes. I was lucky as we are a family of 7 and aside from the huge expense of the Olympic tickets, the other reason I couldn't get them was because it was a max of 4 on e.ach event. The day session Paralympics had a max of 22 and the evening 10. This however wasn't the case for the wheelchair basketball which had a limit of 33, but when I tried it said I was requesting over the ticket limit. I am very happpy I have mine now though, although I did want middle child to see some wheelchair action. There may be some on the track though, I still don't know what is happening during our session!!! :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
bunting bunting bunting

GO TEAM GB!!

And GO ALL THE OTHER TEAMS, unless you're beating us, that is.

And GO THE UNDERDOGS!!

bunting bunting bunting

GB WINS GOLD!! A LOT MORE THAN IN BEIJING!!! WOOOO!!!!!

GB medal Gold 29 Silver 17 Bronze 19