October: onwards! To half time and beyond.

15 watchers
Oct 2020
11:13am, 29 Oct 2020
9,203 posts
  •  
Mazlin
I need to adopt HP’s ‘showing up’ mantra. I am terrible for trying things, not achieving perfection, and throwing all of my toys out of the pram. As my previous riding coach pointed out ‘you expect things to happen at 100mph. It doesn’t work like that.’
Oct 2020
12:39pm, 31 Oct 2020
16,691 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Hello (and probably bye-bye) Octoberers.

How's it been?

Looking at the past month as objectively as I can, I give myself a score of Not Bad.

Read loads of books. Had a fantastic three weeks of training and talking in London. Could have let the seaside time slide away but think I've done enough to rescue it. Rest days are fine and necessary I need to remember. I need to start planning them in again - it was automatic in London as I was too knackered after my Lee Valley sessions to do anything but sit around. And that was good.

Got a bit of speed going last night. PHEW!

I like a score of Not Bad.
Oct 2020
12:42pm, 31 Oct 2020
42,033 posts
  •  
LindsD
Not bad.

I have swum every week in a lake, I think. Or nearly every week. I have definitely swum every week somewhere. I'm going to award myself good.
Oct 2020
12:45pm, 31 Oct 2020
49,496 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I am giving myself a star and an EXCELLENT! because I said I would do one or two runs with faster bits in them every week in October and I've done that.
Oct 2020
12:50pm, 31 Oct 2020
16,692 posts
  •  
Sharkie
With all the current uncertainties I am considering ONE MORE THREAD to take us - well it could just be me, but I will continue to use the editorial plural - to take us to Christmas.

I'm thinking The SharkMassive Countdown. Make every day count how you want it to.

Am happy just to blog it but if anyone fancies a bit of free range encouragement (kicks and kisses) to do stuff that they want to do but somehow don't always, then I will launch tomorrow. I won't feel hurt if no-one wants to! There won't be prizes one way or another.
Oct 2020
12:51pm, 31 Oct 2020
16,693 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Nice work you two! You both do WORK too!
Oct 2020
12:54pm, 31 Oct 2020
49,497 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Yes, up for another time-limited endeavour, Sharkie :) I have one I should really get on with.

Work is my excuse for not taking on anything else that demands a lot of input in terms of time and brainwork.
Oct 2020
1:00pm, 31 Oct 2020
16,694 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Good! Positivity needs company! :-)
It doesn't look like emotional blackmail does it?
Oct 2020
1:13pm, 31 Oct 2020
19,815 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I’m a please love this thread
Oct 2020
1:38pm, 31 Oct 2020
6,545 posts
  •  
Raemond
I'm all for free range encouragement :D

Having just bitten the getting back in a pool again (so chlorine! Much other people!) bullet I think my rest of the year focus will be on making that regular, and I'm sure I'll need all the kicks I can get.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
As promised - a carry on doing stuff thread.

Not a typo above. Half term is too early in the month and end of month Halloween is over promoted anyway. Half time can mean whatever you want it too and BE whenever you want it to be.