•  
rhb
parkrun.org.uk
Feb 2016
11:11am, 5 Feb 2016
2,956 posts
  •  
Nelly
Hi jennywren, I think I'm heading to Stretford tomorrow, are you around? Any parking tips? I'll look out for you, and try and remember to wear my Fetch sponsors t-shirt :-)
Feb 2016
2:54pm, 5 Feb 2016
3,940 posts
  •  
RunningBob
Longford Park might be busy tomorrow as the GM Schools XC is at the same venue.
Feb 2016
3:02pm, 5 Feb 2016
2,957 posts
  •  
Nelly
Thanks Bob, I saw a question on the Stretford Facebook page asking if parkrun was still on, and they confirmed it is and that parkrun is "usually finished by 10am". I may park a mile or two away and jog in as a warm-up, to avoid parking problems. No idea what time the XC starts?
Feb 2016
11:26pm, 27 Feb 2016
16,984 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
I did Stretford at the end of Jan I got there for 08:30 and was able to park relativley easily but they did have record numbers and parking was at a premium. Are there any more parkruns planned particularly to the east of the city?
Jul 2016
11:58am, 25 Jul 2016
880 posts
  •  
larkim
Recommendation for the Wepre parkrun for any NW parkrunners. Different to most of the others I've run in the area in that there is serious elevation changes. And a lovely park that I'd not been to before. Plenty of free parking, good park for kids to play at before / after and the usual friendly set up.

Trail shoes definitely a viable option!
Sep 2016
8:58am, 5 Sep 2016
4,190 posts
  •  
RunningBob
Good tip larkim - Wepre is handily placed for anyone stopping off on the way to North Wales - looks like a fun course too.
Sep 2016
10:02pm, 12 Sep 2016
679 posts
  •  
loki
Stretching north-west a touch, but Penrhyn parkrun (Penrhyn castle near Bangor in North Wales) is lovely - start and finish in the castle and then a few very scenic loops within the castle grounds. Well-organised and loads of friendly support. Bit hilly and loose surfaced for PB-chasing (average time is more than two minutes slower than Birkenhead) but was well worth the drive from Anglesey when we were there a few weeks ago. Has made me want to do a bit of tourism over the winter - see how many of the NW list I can tick off.
Sep 2016
1:18pm, 13 Sep 2016
647 posts
  •  
KingKenny72
Wepre will be really good in the slop of winter.

Will keep that one in mind loki, cheers.
Sep 2016
9:07am, 26 Sep 2016
1,005 posts
  •  
larkim
Family debut at Chester this weekend. Despite all of my four being born within sight (ish) of the parkland down there, hadn't ventured there before.

Nice parkrun course - perhaps a little congested at the start staying on the tarmac, but nice undulating course, speedy downhill finish (net downhill course by a few feet) and mix of terrain with the grassy section being very firm and well mown!

About This Thread

Maintained by RunningBob
WP, BP, HP, PP, OP, PF, WW, MP or CBA ... what's your NW parkrun this Saturday morning??
There are 11 parkrun events already in the North West and the list is growing.
See parkrun.org.uk for all the details.