NW parkrunners

55 watchers
Dec 2015
8:17pm, 30 Dec 2015
177 posts
  •  
twinny
Yes, you no longer run through the lake up by the church! However, the biggest, muddiest ditch of doom remains! :) Does anyone know if Stretford is likely to be fairly dry? (I'd hate to soak 2 pairs of trainers!!)
Dec 2015
10:37pm, 30 Dec 2015
1,666 posts
  •  
monsenb1
I've never run a double either. I normally volunteer at one and run the other but I'm going to try running both (easy). Well its all mud and hills at Lyme Park, followed by even more mud at Marple. On Saturday I'm RD at Lyme Park.
Dec 2015
5:11pm, 31 Dec 2015
431 posts
  •  
pink fairy
Lyme Park/ Marple sounds a tough option! Had friends last year who did it and said it was brutal.

Thanks for the tips about spare trainers/ socks. Hadn't thought about that as both courses say they are mainly paths, but will stick them in the car
Dec 2015
5:16pm, 31 Dec 2015
12,420 posts
  •  
jennywren
Lot of puddles at Stretford. I ran the course today as I'm doing back up timing tomorrow.
Jan 2016
12:52pm, 1 Jan 2016
433 posts
  •  
pink fairy
I am very grateful for the tip about spare shoes! Really enjoyed my double today, got a 5k PB at south Manchester (by a second) and both pairs of trainers are drying out on the radiator. Great start to the new year
Jan 2016
12:55pm, 1 Jan 2016
7,632 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Well done PF :) I only did Warrington but it was a nice way to start the year - and a parkrun PB for me too.
Jan 2016
12:59pm, 1 Jan 2016
3,448 posts
  •  
marshallini
I decided to just do the one run and went to Princes Park, Liverpool. And to be honest I'm glad I did because I had a stinker :( If I'd've run that bad at S.Manc and got totally soaked and frozen as well I'd've really seen my @r5e and not run Stretford anyway :(
Hopefully I'll perform better at Widnes tomorrow or 2016's running is going to end after two days ;)
Jan 2016
1:10pm, 1 Jan 2016
3,449 posts
  •  
marshallini
Princes parkrun Official time 18:57 (7th) to be fair that's only 20 seconds slower than what I hoping for (hoping for, not expecting), Considering I reckon that course is (for me) worth 10+ seconds over a fast course* and I ran 18:46 at Widnes parkrun*, that is not really a bad time at all.
I think the performance was disappointing because of the too fast start and the fade towards the end.
Feeling a lot more positive now. ;)
Jan 2016
10:38pm, 1 Jan 2016
178 posts
  •  
twinny
Crikey Marshallini- your idea of a stinker is fast!!!

Pink Fairy- well done on your PB! I did South Man and Stretford- 2 pairs of trainers worked well for me too! :) 23:43 at South Man was way better than I expected in those puddles!! Stretford was waaay slower (and measured long on my Garmin) but I totally agree- what a way to start the New Year!

Well done AL on your PB!!! :)
Jan 2016
11:49pm, 9 Jan 2016
16,971 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
I managed a double on NYD Skipton at 09:00 then Pendle at 10:30 then Skipton again the next day. In one week I ran 5 parkruns

About This Thread

Maintained by RunningBob
WP, BP, HP, PP, OP, PF, WW, MP or CBA ... what's your NW parkrun this Saturday morning??
There are 11 parkrun events already in the North West and the list is growing.
See parkrun.org.uk for all the details.