•  
JohnnyO
Good news Curly!
Nov 2013
10:44pm, 13 Nov 2013
2,171 posts
  •  
Curly45
Indeed. Still feel like crup though. Ah well.
Nov 2013
11:59am, 25 Nov 2013
2,194 posts
  •  
Curly45
Hello! Still waiting fir an mri... Two more weeks to go. Saga detailed on most recent blog.

Currently most annoying symptoms are buzzing and pulsing in the ears... Anyone got any ideas for helping it to shift. It might be there all the time, but I can only "hear" it sometimes. Its infuriating so any one who has tinnitus who lives with it I feel deepest sympathy for you.
Nov 2013
4:34pm, 25 Nov 2013
16,944 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Really does sound like you need this MRI sooner.
Have you let your GP know that A&E just sent you home again?

I think the 8th is too far away, particularly when that's just the date of the scan, not of anything actually being done.
Nov 2013
4:55pm, 25 Nov 2013
2,198 posts
  •  
Curly45
A & E sent a letter to my gp. I do need to ring them, but I'm finding phone communication quite difficult as I'm struggling to remember words. Will do it tomorrow.

It does sound like there is no way short of paying of getting the scan sooner. The fact my appointment is on a Sunday says quite a lot I think about the poor provision for mri in my area. Its a "shame" I don't have symptoms of hearing loss as I suspect that would push me under an oncologist and get me seen asap (since there are quite a few overlapping symptoms of AN).

Ah well buzzing has died down for a bit. Going to try some yoga tonight to see if it is managable.
Nov 2013
5:26pm, 25 Nov 2013
16,946 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Unfortunately the NHS responds to arseyness and complaints. I would make an issue of this, bother everyone until you get sorted. The best route is through the neurologist, and getting him to press the radiologists into accepting you as an acute. THe alternative is to try to fit in to a cancellation slot, let them know you can attend anytime if a slot comes up.
A cranial MRI takes 30 minutes, there is always space to fit one in. Our outpatient service has similar waits, but I know I can get one for an ICU patient today if I need it (though we rarely actually do).

Sounds too rapid for AN, and the symptoms are too fluctuant, I would stick with encephalitis, BBE?
All the more urgency for treatment though, an acoustic is a slow, elective issue.

Anyway, sorry you aren't feeling any better.
Nov 2013
5:39pm, 25 Nov 2013
2,200 posts
  •  
Curly45
I will try consultant again too. :) I haven't had my appointment letter yet either so I don't have their number to call them and say aI could any slot. It does seem as if nothing works very well around here for process. In central London it was all very efficient so I'm not used to all this having to chase and make a fuss. I do think perhaps when I have a diagnosis I will put a complaint into pals about it all, but right not sure who to complain about either.

Don't think it can be BBE as I have normal eye movements and tracking.
Nov 2013
5:40pm, 25 Nov 2013
2,201 posts
  •  
Curly45
Thank you for all the help by the way :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
Allreet guys... bit of a weird one here.

Been feeling a bit meh for a week or two so asked my coa...