Numb big toe! - Opinion sought

0 watcher
Aug 2016
3:39pm, 29 Aug 2016
383 posts
  •  
pedro
I hold my hand up to neglecting my stretching and as a result I am prone to tight hamstrings. When I run high mileage this can occasionally lead to a strain in the right lower back/glute area. I have had this on three or four occasions previously and after two or three weeks rest I am usually back to normal. Two weeks ago I had two hard days running in the Lake District with lots of ascent/descent. The next day I spent a couple of hours digging (right leg) and the day after the right glute strained but I could also feel soreness in the right hamstring. After a week the strain started clearing up but then I noticed numbness in the right big toe. I have tried a gentle jog since and although the glute/hamstring muscles feel okay now its noticeable the right leg has some numbness. I only feel it in the right big toe unless jogging. I thought it could be Piriformis but I have seen a Chiropractor I've used in the past and he thinks the tight glute/hamstring are pulling another muscle (forgot the name) below the outside of the right knee. When he pointed it out. You have to get your fingers right inside to feel, I felt it was sore. I am currently doing lots of strectching and massaging the muscle. Has anyone had any experience or got any opinion? Thank you.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I hold my hand up to neglecting my stretching and as a result I am prone to tight hamstrings. When I...