•  
RFJ
was it as much as that IM.... ;-)
Jul 2010
10:32am, 18 Jul 2010
5,963 posts
  •  
RuthB2
IM well done on yet another PB! Brilliant!
Jul 2010
6:11pm, 23 Jul 2010
1,932 posts
  •  
Mr. K.
A bit of a club meeting going on at FL tomorrow so I`m popping over there.

Have a good run tomorrow.

Corona, Excitabubble, Ruth, Monty, Silent Runner - I`ll see you guys next weekend at the Thunder Run.

I`m going up on Friday afternoon.
Jul 2010
6:30pm, 23 Jul 2010
5,631 posts
  •  
Rach E
Just to say I have written the report this week, but the website's not working properly to let me upload it. A bit frustrated!
Jul 2010
6:33pm, 23 Jul 2010
5,632 posts
  •  
Rach E
I'll paste it here just so you can have your literature fix for the time being:

Event 108

With Basingstoke once again being bathed in warm, summer sunshine (no, Basingstoke hasn't suddenly become Barbados: "sunshine" is a rare and quite fantastic phenomenon in the UK), we once again had an excellent turnout for today's parkrun: 148 of you toed the line at today's event, and we welcomed 17 new faces to the event! Probably the most impressive statistic of the day, however, was that 50 of you ran a new course personal best - that's over a third of you!

The parkrun today was again in the very able hands of Sue Caratelli and Lynn Brastock after one of our normal race directors, Euan Bowman, had to (reluctantly) take the Saturday off owing to other duties. We do, however, doubt Euan's allegiance to Basingstoke - we thought he was away from the parkrun as he had important tasks to complete elsewhere. However, our undercover parkrun mole noted that Euan made an unscheduled appearance at the Amager Fælled parkrun in Denmark - the traitor*! Here he is with the Amager Fælled Race Director, Jonathan Sydenham:

* Only joking, Euan. At Basingstoke, we're always completely humbled by the dedication Euan shows to parkrun, and, I'm sure you'll agree, he more than deserves a break every now and again! Our sources tell us that Jonathan was extremely sorry that their normal Copenhagen coffee bar was shut last Saturday and a few "results issues" meant he couldn't spend the time he wanted to with Euan. That can, however, only mean one thing - Euan has to go back to Copenhagen for another visit!

James Moorcroft (SM20-24) of Team Kennet took his first win today in his 26th run in War Memorial Park in a time of 17:50. James was chased all the way round by Pete Williams (VM40-44) of Overton Harriers & AC who finished in 18:02 (we understand that Pete is on Mission Race As Much As You Canat the moment, so this made for a pretty solid effort on tired legs). Robert Halsey (VM45-49) of Basingstoke & Mid Hants AC took third in a time of 18:07. Robert also won today's age grading competition with a score of 78.29%.

Kerri Barton (SW25-29) of Overton Harriers & AC was victorious for the second time in the ladies' race today in a time of 21:43. Louise Smith (SW25-29) of Chineham Park Running Club ran a massive new 23 second personal best to cross the line second in 22:08 and Naomi Shaylor (VW35-39) of Cani-Cross was third in a time of 22:35. We'd like to draw attention to the fact that Naomi is now a proud member of the "50" club, having run her 50th parkrun last weekend - at the Forest of Dean. Congratulations, Naomi!

Another runner who deserves a mention this week is young Alex Stock (JM14). Alex ran his tenth parkrun today and, as a junior runner, earns the prized "10" club t-shirt. Alex also won his t-shirt in style with a huge 1 minute 17 second personal best!

As mentioned above, there were an incredible 50 new personal bests today! Although every personal best is praiseworthy, those who ran bests of particularly good margins today were John Holloway (2 minutes and 3 seconds), David Ansdell (1 minute and 22 seconds), Dean Smith (35 seconds), Alex Stock (1 minute and 17 seconds), Alison Jones (37 seconds), Mike Todd (1 minute and 29 seconds),Megan Watson (1 minute and 23 seconds), Darren Pardoe (1 minute and 2 seconds), Richard Barker(1 minute and 4 seconds), John Pardoe (57 seconds), Stuart Banks (53 seconds), Peter Chiverton (1 minute), Vivianne Walters (36 seconds), Karen Gladman (52 seconds), Melanie Hodkin (1 minute and 43 seconds), Paula Mosquera (1 minute and 33 seconds), Bradley Nutley (2 minutes and 54 seconds),Liz McGill (1 minute and 20 seconds), Simon Plumtree (1 minute and 31 seconds), Grant Hodgson (1 minute and 30 seconds), Kim Trowern (3 minutes and 3 seconds), Jo Croucher (45 seconds), Sara Blackall (1 minute and 3 seconds) and Sandy Bell (39 seconds). Particular congratulations are due to Jackie Bridges, who ran Margin of the Week with a massive new best of 4 minutes and 25 seconds!

Since the Basingstoke parkrun started, 1616 runners from 104 different clubs have completed the race 8952 times and covered a distance of 44760 kilometers. The male course record is held by Brian Wakem who ran 15:54 on 18/07/09, event number 54. The female equivalent is held by Sophie Morris who ran 16:56 on 29/11/08, event number 21.
Jul 2010
6:55pm, 23 Jul 2010
1,934 posts
  •  
Mr. K.
Great report RachE

Re: Euan - I guess his marathon is coming up soon. Can you post `good luck wishes` Rach?
Jul 2010
7:01pm, 23 Jul 2010
5,635 posts
  •  
Rach E
I will post them as soon as I can log into the website!

I didn't know he was doing a marathon! Which one's he doing?
Jul 2010
7:07pm, 23 Jul 2010
1,935 posts
  •  
Mr. K.
I had a feeling it was Davos, as his brother lives out there..

swissalpine.ch
Jul 2010
7:11pm, 23 Jul 2010
5,636 posts
  •  
Rach E
Nice!! I'll upload a message as soon as I can.
RFJ
Jul 2010
8:15pm, 23 Jul 2010
1,782 posts
  •  
RFJ
Have fun... Im away.....

About This Thread

Maintained by *Anj*
aka the Basingstoke parkrun parkrun.com