Noo Shoos

2 watchers
May 2012
1:38pm, 31 May 2012
1,378 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
So I need some new shoes and think Id like to branch out a little from my usual Asics Cumulus. I've had two pairs now and while I think they are ok I do find that after about 300m in them I start to get little niggles... currently a minor recurrence of ITBS and my achilles get very sore. Today, my heel hurts under my foot. Im hoping this isnt the start of PF!

I am neutral but find that as the Cumulus' wear I start to over pronate and can feel my ankles 'collapsing'. That the best description I can think of.

Ive done a bit of research and found these sportsshoes.com

The mid sole support that only activates when necessary seems like a feature that would be of use to me. But maybe Im just being sold by the sales babble? Id be really interested to hear any thoughts. Cheers :)
May 2012
1:55pm, 31 May 2012
1,234 posts
  •  
Mark J
I use Nike Pegasus and Lunaglides. Love the Pegasus and have had many pairs but I find the lunaglides quite narrow and therefore knowhere near as comfortable. Not tried the Luna swifts at all though.
May 2012
2:20pm, 31 May 2012
4,782 posts
  •  
lammo
I use Nike Pegasus mainly, but also have a pair of Nuke Free 5.0's which i enjoy for shorter distances
May 2012
2:21pm, 31 May 2012
4,783 posts
  •  
lammo
ha ha nice typo, *Nike*
May 2012
2:39pm, 31 May 2012
1,379 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
Thanks. Ive just had a little look at the Pegasus and they do seem suitable in that they are best for mild overpronators. Im just not sure thats what I am, unless im running in worn out trainers. I'll hit the shops and try both types out I think. THanks again :)
May 2012
3:21pm, 31 May 2012
2,067 posts
  •  
SpeedyMel
When did you last have a gait analysis?
May 2012
3:33pm, 31 May 2012
2,775 posts
  •  
Scottynbn
I overpronate, have been through all makes of support shoe, had my gait analysed three times but am on now on my 2nd pair of Lunaglides and find they`re the most suitable shoe I`ve ever used. The Dynamic Support that Nike advertise in various models does seem to work somehow
May 2012
3:56pm, 31 May 2012
1,380 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
Mel, I last had it done about 18 months ago when I bought my last pair of Asics.

Thats good to know Scotty, thanks. Sometimes these posh 'sciencey' words sound a little like b*ll*cks ;)
May 2012
4:08pm, 31 May 2012
2,776 posts
  •  
Scottynbn
I`ve run 2 half marathons in them lately (the first in the pair that finally gave up the ghost just after) and the most recent in the newer pair. No problems whatsoever although I did notice that I got around 100 miles less use out of the first pair than Asics and New Balance I`ve previously used.
May 2012
8:32pm, 31 May 2012
1,381 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
Really? How many do you get? Im getting about 350 out of my asics but might reconsider the swap idea if the Nikes dont last very long.

About This Thread

Maintained by Caprica Vix (RotJ)
So I need some new shoes and think Id like to branch out a little from my usual Asics Cumulus. I've...