Non Zero Days

17 watchers
Apr 2019
2:22pm, 25 Apr 2019
4,536 posts
  •  
Corrah
Inspired by the contribution from Wednesday Mouse on the Fetch Podcast, I thought it might be nice for us to share the things we are doing each day to make it a non zero day.

My eating has not been that healthy of late but I got up early and made myself a salad for lunch, which was delicious. A step in the right direction for me.

Will report back this evening with something exercise related nut until then, it's over to you ... :)
Apr 2019
2:26pm, 25 Apr 2019
21,684 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Great idea :-)
Apr 2019
2:32pm, 25 Apr 2019
4,627 posts
  •  
minardi
Haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast yet but the ironing must be done this evening so will catch up then. I am assuming this is something I will want to do so will follow with interest :-) I ran 4 miles this morning so does that count as a non-zero day? and ditto the ironing ;-)
Apr 2019
2:35pm, 25 Apr 2019
33,694 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
My non zero day may well be my half mile walk to the Doctor and then half mile back again. I did set myself a target of at least 5k everyday be that running it or in my exercise bike but it's lovely outside so a walk it is for now
Apr 2019
3:21pm, 25 Apr 2019
41,468 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I love the concept of a Non Zero Day and thank Wednesday Mouse for making it A Thing on here. Before we had a proper name for it, it was something I did to keep myself sane and keep my head in "training" mode when I was working long days. My strategy was to get to work early, park my car, and walk for at least 20 minutes before going into work and before eating breakfast at my desk. Colouring in the square on my Fetch Training Log calendar was like sticking a star on a star chart, and any other training I did that day would be a bonus.
Apr 2019
3:50pm, 25 Apr 2019
305 posts
  •  
Rrunner
Great idea.

I have a tendency to think if I'm not running I'm doing nothing. I do plenty of walking and some XT so may find I don't have many (any?) zero days.
Apr 2019
4:21pm, 25 Apr 2019
4,888 posts
  •  
TeeBee
Brilliant There not many days that I don't do anything, but some activities (eg walking or at home core/yoga sessions) don't always get logged on Fetch.

I like V'rap's goal of getting a colour in each square of the Fetch calendar. :-)

I am also struggling with motivation in non exercise related areas at the moment. I'm wondering if the non zero approach could be used for this as well (ITG alluded to this on the podcast thread, I recall)
Apr 2019
7:56pm, 25 Apr 2019
4,539 posts
  •  
Corrah
Well I needed yo get a few things from the shops, so instead of being lazy and taking the car, I walked. Got a lovely surprise as other half came to surprise me in the shop and walked me home again. It rained, I got soaked, it was great :)
Apr 2019
8:02pm, 25 Apr 2019
12,546 posts
  •  
Homer
Having a dog helps - don't have a choice (and get cuddles)
Apr 2019
8:06pm, 25 Apr 2019
4,540 posts
  •  
Corrah
Could try taking the cats for a walk but pretty sure they won't oblige :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
Inspired by the contribution from Wednesday Mouse on the Fetch Podcast, I thought it might be nice f...