No Pain...

1 watcher
May 2017
9:48pm, 2 May 2017
15 posts
  •  
NiceIronDad (NID)
Hey Jason,
Agree with all the above. I suspect your cardio fitness is greater than your lower leg fitness which is why you are suffering. 30 min for 5k is a reasonable pace. One thing you could try would be run-walk-run, just a couple of mins run then a min walk, then run again. The runs should also be slow and not sprints between the runs! Once it feels ok just gradually reduce the walk time (over days-->weeks)
May 2017
5:49pm, 3 May 2017
6 posts
  •  
JasonSevern
Thanks for the advice NID, I decided to leave the run for today because as i was working today i could feel my legs starting to hurt. I was getting very slight pains in my shins and below my kneecaps. The pain is not really painful if that makes sense but i thought it would be best to rest today and head out on a run tomorrow just to be safe. As i am new to running i can't tell if this is normal and is something i can run through or it's definitely me doing to much to soon.
May 2017
6:59pm, 5 May 2017
7 posts
  •  
JasonSevern
I went for a short run last night. Felt ok but the minute i started my run my legs started to get stiff again and my knees started to hurt. Decided to take at least 4 days off to recover then carry on from there. I'm just a bit worried i won't be ready in time for the charity 10k i'm doing on the 4th June.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by JasonSevern
I'm new to FetchEveryone so hey :)

So here is my question, I have been running for a couple of w...