Nike Zoom Vomeros - punctured air unit :-(

1 watcher
Nov 2012
10:11am, 29 Nov 2012
1,149 posts
  •  
Lisa T
I bought some Nike Zoom Vomeros a few weeks ago & have only done a few runs in them. Last night I stood on a thorn & when I pulled it out of the sole, there was a huge hiss of air & I realised it had punctured the air unit in the sole. I googled this & people said they'd taken them back to the shop & they'd been replaced. So, I phoned up Start Fitness who said it's just one of those things. Anyone got any experience of this? Any luck returning, getting a replacement?? Is there any use contacting Nike? I wouldn't mind but I've hardly worn them & they're not cheap!!! Grrrr! Any advice gratefully received.
Nov 2012
10:28am, 29 Nov 2012
48,152 posts
  •  
Puddington
Not much use as running shoes then really, are they? unless you just run on carpet.

Sorry, I don't know where you would stand re. replacement though.

Sucks :-(
Nov 2012
10:39am, 29 Nov 2012
22,523 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
If you'd been in those Vibram things it would've been right through your foot. Good clothing choice for the conditions.

I don't know what the replacement situation would be either.
Nov 2012
12:48pm, 29 Nov 2012
1,150 posts
  •  
Lisa T
I will just go to the shop & cry, see if that works!
Nov 2012
12:49pm, 29 Nov 2012
48,154 posts
  •  
Puddington
Always a good plan.
Nov 2012
12:52pm, 29 Nov 2012
14,243 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I don't know, but my guess would be that they were not fit for purpose and are probably faulty. The shop should return them to Nike and you should get a replacement pair when you take them in.
Be polite and make your position clear. It should not be written off as 'one of those things'. You deserve a replacement.
Nov 2012
12:54pm, 29 Nov 2012
23,241 posts
  •  
JenL
You could try the "goodwill" angle on the shop but not sure how far you'll get with it as it's often the case that the people you see in the shop aren't allowed or equipped to make good strategic decisions. It would be a good idea to draw it to Nike's attention, though, and ask if they'd be prepared to replace the shoes. It's not as if you were subjecting them to unusual treatment after all and not that I know much about running shoes but Pudds' comment about only being able to run on carpet might be worth repeating in terms of the shoes being "fit for purpose" or not. Good luck.
Nov 2012
4:04pm, 29 Nov 2012
1,151 posts
  •  
Lisa T
Thanks everyone. Yep, the carpet comment is a good 'un. Thanks Pudds! :-)
My more calm & rational t'other half will do the negotiating on my behalf! We have a serious Start Fitness habit & buy a lot from there, so will try the goodwill angle.
Dec 2012
5:46pm, 1 Dec 2012
1,152 posts
  •  
Lisa T
Start Fitrness swapped 'em without question today :-)
Dec 2012
5:47pm, 1 Dec 2012
20,885 posts
  •  
swittle
:)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lisa T
I bought some Nike Zoom Vomeros a few weeks ago & have only done a few runs in them. Last night I st...