Nike Triax

4 watchers
Dec 2011
10:33am, 15 Dec 2011
10,713 posts
  •  
DeeGee
So Nike have updated them again. This week's shoe is the Triax+ 15.

Has anybody gone from 14 to 15 yet? Is there any noticeable difference in ride/fit?
Dec 2011
9:01pm, 27 Dec 2011
3 posts
  •  
Hurry Up Harkins
Just bought a pair today. Have gone from Ascics to Nike, haven't had Nike shoes before. Probably won't get a run in them till the weekend.
Dec 2011
4:36pm, 28 Dec 2011
10,758 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I've managed to stockpile two pairs of 14s for Christmas, so I've got a while yet before I need to make the change.

What Asics were you running in HUH?
Dec 2011
6:47pm, 28 Dec 2011
1,632 posts
  •  
ndellar
I lurk with interest, Triaxes are my shoe of choice for Marathon / Ultra and so far transition between previous versions has been ok. I almost got a pair of 15s in Sports Direct this afternoon (£50 in the one in Cambridge at the moment) but they didn't have my size. I shall update when I start running in some - hopefully soon
Jan 2012
9:20pm, 9 Jan 2012
10,784 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I'm also on the lookout for something that isn't Triax. I'll happily run in what I know for the long stuff, but I like to alternate with another shoe, for shorter stuff so as to give the Triaxes time to recover and to give my legs a different type of support. I'm in Mizuno Alchemies at the moment, and they're great, support wise, but I've got issues with the shape of the shoe. Anyone have an alternative pair that they wear alongside Triax?
Mar 2012
9:05pm, 15 Mar 2012
1,670 posts
  •  
ndellar
Ok I've got a pair of Triax 15s that I've started wearing. They seem identical in feel to me as the 14s. The only noticeable difference seems cosmetic and that is that the toe box on the 14s had some bits of material going across where the 15s don't have it.

DeeGee I've run in various different types of shoe in addition to my Triaxes as the main long run shoe:

Asics Kayano - expensive and seemed to make my feet sore on a very long run even after quite a few miles (100+) breaking in
Adidas Salvation - ok, but expensive and come up small I had to have a ridiculously large size I cannot see they do for Ladies any more
Saucony Progrid Omni - ok but got pressure points on the big toe joint of my foot on very long runs

The current favourite "other" shoe is K-Swiss Konejo II which I really like.

I have lunarglides for speed work/short races but I don't think for me I would wear them beyond half marathon distance, they are supportive but just that bit lacking for me over long distance.
Mar 2012
12:25pm, 20 Mar 2012
11,317 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Cheers for the feedback nd.
Mar 2012
12:29pm, 20 Mar 2012
1,828 posts
  •  
PeterWard5
HAve a pair of Equalons and they are ok.

Got blisters initially and then they broke in ok. Agree on Omnis, always felt tight on my toes too.

Asics - Kayano expensive but used to love my 21xx shoes.
Mar 2012
12:48pm, 20 Mar 2012
717 posts
  •  
monsenb1
Equalon 3 (nike), Triax 11 (nike), Kayano 17(asics), Adrenaline 11 (brooks)..my running shoe evolution

i liiked my equalons, hated my triaxes..
gone back to Kayano 18 again but prefer the brooks by far...
Mar 2012
1:00pm, 20 Mar 2012
4,643 posts
  •  
lammo
I've moved from Triax to ....something else, my mind is a blank, i'm sorry.

Anyway it was on the advice of my physio to help with achilles issues, which have since completely gone. They are a more neutral Nike, but my mind is still blank.

About This Thread

Maintained by DeeGee
So Nike have updated them again. This week's shoe is the Triax+ 15.

Has anybody gone from 14 to ...