Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Nike Structure Triax v LunerGlide/Eclipse

1 watcher
Apr 2013
12:47pm, 10 Apr 2013
3266 posts
Kimbles
Anyone went from Nike Structure Triax shoes to the Lunar range? If so, how did you find them? Better than Triax? I have wore Triax for years now but the newest models seem to be a bit heavy and quite solid in the heel area and think they could be contributing to my ankle problems. I over-pronate slightly but now think I need a bit more cushioning with support.
Apr 2013
12:57pm, 10 Apr 2013
116 posts
Obigone
Not tried the Triax, but can't speak highly enough of the Lunarglide!! Very light with good cushioning. I too over-pronate, but only slightly, and the Lunarglide have been great. 1 point to mention, the LG 3 has a mid-foot "strap" which wraps around the arch of the foot, the LG 4 doesn't have this strap and I don't think the 4 is as supportive as the 3. So much so that when I came across a cheap pair of 3's for sale I bought a spare pair!
Apr 2013
1:34pm, 10 Apr 2013
7297 posts
Mrs Muckyhands(formerly Broeinon)
I've got a pair of LG4s I'm testing them against Brooks Adrenaline don't seem to be having any issues with them so far.
Apr 2013
1:37pm, 10 Apr 2013
3268 posts
Kimbles
Fab - thanks for that. I will have a look at them again :-)
Apr 2013
1:54pm, 10 Apr 2013
2034 posts
Anna Bomb
I can run quite happily in stucture triax but my lunarglides are living on my cupboard as I haven't quite been able to throw them out yet. Within a few miles my ITBs start causing trouble. If you are used to running with the amount of control in the triax I would be careful if changing over to the lunarglides as I found they had a lot less support in them.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kimbles
Anyone went from Nike Structure Triax shoes to the Lunar range? If so, how did you find them? Bette...