Night Runners - Any Tips!

4 watchers
Feb 2022
8:45am, 10 Feb 2022
16,972 posts
  •  
larkim
I did 12 last night from about 8:10pm and it was pretty nice, but I did miss the social time with my family. Had a good two hours between eating evening meal and setting out and in comparison with some other recent runs really felt the difference between that and, say, only leaving an hour between eating and running.

For the moment, it's a means to an end; in the summer I'm happy to get up at 5:30 and get 90 minutes done and be smug at work with tingling legs under the desk, but the reality is at this time of year there's no "light" times and mornings are definitely harder to get out for.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by ES-335
Due to circumstances I mostly run at night which is fine for distances up to ~ 8 miles.

Anything further is just hard work and less than enjoyable.

I try to do my long runs at weekends rather than night but sometimes it’s not always possible.

Any tips? Or is it simply a case of being awake 12 hours plus, tied from being chained to the desk all day, and full of food and drink isn’t conducive to good running?