Niggling knee injury

1 watcher
Aug 2013
4:06pm, 2 Aug 2013
5 posts
  •  
Johnny Two Shoes
I was training for a half back in March and my right knee would twinge at every step. After the race I decided to have some time off to let it heal. However, every time I try to make a comeback - there have been frequent attempts after rests of three weeks or a month - the injury flares up, even after just three miles. After running it hardly bothers me, except when I walk upstairs.

I'm past fifty so I fear it might be time to hang up the trainers, but for obvious reasons I want to keep going. Any ideas?
Aug 2013
4:16pm, 2 Aug 2013
1,957 posts
  •  
ChrisThePuma
Im no doctor (and there are some on here that will certainly give you better advice than i could hope to...) but when i had a knee pain it turned out to be a tight aductor muscle puling things out of shape - do you stretch properly so your muscles are not pulling things out of shape?
Aug 2013
5:12pm, 2 Aug 2013
6 posts
  •  
Johnny Two Shoes
Thanks, Chris. Actually, I'm a bit lax about stretching. But once I jhave the problem, can I stretch properly without aggravating the injury?
Aug 2013
5:26pm, 2 Aug 2013
973 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
Yes you can - but go and see a physio to get it checked out...:-) Non of my knee "injuries" have ever been my knees - always tight muscle or ITB - an hour of pain with a physio will sort it :-)
Aug 2013
5:47pm, 2 Aug 2013
2,246 posts
  •  
Bru-Bru
I've no idea what the problem is but I have a similar twinge in my left foot - does that help?
Aug 2013
8:52pm, 2 Aug 2013
7 posts
  •  
Johnny Two Shoes
Er, no

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I was training for a half back in March and my right knee would twinge at every step. After the race...