Niggle on knee

1 watcher
Jul 2012
10:26pm, 3 Jul 2012
22 posts
  •  
mctauk
Hi All,

Need a little physio advice if thats ok. If what I have at the moment gets worse I will have to get an appointment sorted with a physio but its minor at the moment. Got a bit of a niggle on my knee. Had it a few days. Its nothing enough to stop me running at the moment but a concern. Its on my right knee and slight pain is upper to mid knee to be exact. I started to feel niggle last week when driving van. Like when I am alternating my foot between brake and accelerator pedal. I can walk on it absolutely fine. Lifting things and generally putting weight on it is also fine. Even going up and down stairs isn't a problem. Can feel it ever so slight when lifting leg up to tie lace, or when sat on a chair and lift weight off leg.

Running wise, Just been running through it. Ran 12 mile on Sunday absolutly fine even though first felt niggle couple of days beforehand. Ran a speedwork track session last night, could feel it flare up a little at first then was more or less running pain free. But tonight ran a slower run and could feel it most of way though my 30 minute run. Like I said at the moment pain isn't bad enough to stop me running but I know its there and its concerning me. I know you wont be able to give a full accurate diagnosis off this but any rough possibilities/advice would be grateful. Got Croft 10k tomorrow and hoping all will be ok [:-/]
Jul 2012
11:13pm, 3 Jul 2012
8,769 posts
  •  
Stander
Only cos this is something that I think might be affecting my knees, but are your running shoes coming to to the end of their useful life or not?
Jul 2012
12:40pm, 4 Jul 2012
23 posts
  •  
mctauk
Footwear is ok, and not changed terrain either
Jul 2012
5:59pm, 4 Jul 2012
3,041 posts
  •  
SharonD
Does it hurt to bend leg behind you up towards your bum, taking hold with hand? Or is it just uncomfortable? How restricted is it? Warm up & quad & hip flexor stretches may help-how much time do you spend sat driving?
Jul 2012
6:03pm, 4 Jul 2012
8,985 posts
  •  
Pootle
HTFU

:-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by DarloRunner
Hi All,

Need a little physio advice if thats ok. If what I have at the moment gets worse I will h...