Newcastle Town Moor Marathon 2010

19 watchers
Nov 2010
3:24pm, 22 Nov 2010
10 posts
  •  
Minni
I loved the marathon yesterday. I particularly enjoyed racing Jovi Runner to the finish line but didn't like that she beat me!!! What I thought was really interesting on reading the results: I was third in my category with Jovi second and the lady who came in first was only 6 seconds faster that me. What are the chances of that, three of us finishing within 6 seconds of each other.

It wasn't a pb for me but a good indicator as to where I'm at for starting London training.

Jovi Runner - I have a couple of really good photos of us around the bandstand. I can email them to you? And, well done again!
Nov 2010
3:45pm, 22 Nov 2010
875 posts
  •  
Roversrunner
That must've been a good little race between the three of you, were you together for a while ?
Nov 2010
3:54pm, 22 Nov 2010
11 posts
  •  
Minni
No we weren't tegether at all. I was running with a buddy from my club on his first marathon. We'd run the whole thing together and passed Jovi in the last couple of miles, I think. Then about 400 m from the end she passed us. I glanced at my buddy and got that 'I don't care' look, and so was faced with a moral dilemma - go and try to catch Jovi or stick with my buddy for the last few hundred metres. I thought hard for about 2 seconds and left him. I passed Jovi and just focused on the finish line. The next thing I knew she put on the fastest sprint and flew past me close to the finish. She won! And deserved to!
Nov 2010
4:17pm, 22 Nov 2010
527 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Thanks Minni - great meeting you yesterday. they finally did the ladies results about 10 mins after you left - can't believe how close we all were at the finish! I will send you an fmail through this site with my email address - would love to see the pics. My hubby was at the bandstand for the whole race but unnusually for him had forgotten to bring his camera to Newcastle. Hope you're recovering well. I seem to be OK apart from a bit of a twinge on the outside of my left foot.

We spent quite a lot of our club training sessions over the summer doing short sharp sprint repetitions - I think the training must have finally paid off! Hope to see you at the Green Start at London.
Nov 2010
4:20pm, 22 Nov 2010
528 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Minni - I've just sent you an fmail with my email address.
Nov 2010
6:09pm, 22 Nov 2010
190 posts
  •  
Cake.
Cheers for the sweets guys and the banter going round. :-p
Nov 2010
6:46pm, 22 Nov 2010
3,015 posts
  •  
katypie
My legs are not bad at all today :) I wore my saucony fastwitches which weren't best suited to the terrain. LOL

It's great knowing Fetchpoint was there, it would have been a bit lonely without you
Nov 2010
6:52pm, 22 Nov 2010
64,763 posts
  •  
santababy
my legs are fine now. Last night in bed they were awful, not helped by hacking cough and temperature!
Nov 2010
6:58pm, 22 Nov 2010
3,016 posts
  •  
katypie
how are you now sb?
Nov 2010
7:08pm, 22 Nov 2010
64,764 posts
  •  
santababy
had a day in dressing gown and hot bath, sleeping on and off. All good now,coughing onyl occasionally and legs fine :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Ultracat
Hello.

What are my chances of getting into this marathon or is it full.

thanks and happy runni...