0 posts
  •  
chocciemonster has created a topic to discuss this race
Jan 2007
10:17pm, 19 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
Making_Tracks
Welcome Chocciemonster .. I've not done this race but I thought I'd say hi. Balham Bouncer has though and raves about it.
Jan 2007
2:54pm, 20 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
B.B.
There have been 2 or 3 threads about this in recent months. It's ace. A tough course, but the crowd are AMAZING. 2 or 3 million people, seemingly. And they love the marathon. Have fun if you're doing it
Jan 2007
10:11am, 23 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
new york i found organisation problems when i ran,the start is heavily congested and started off the road which required the runners to pass through a narrow passage,,i actually got crushed on a wall there as the horn sounded for the start of the run runners surged and it was so scary.yes the crowds are great the americans and especially new yorkers love there marathons .....the course is a alittle boring in places i felt ,,
Jan 2007
10:36am, 23 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
jude
i had a great experience - start nearer the back and theres no problem with crowds. we didn't have much choice in this as we were still in toilet queue as ther hooter went!! give yourself plenty of time to get there in the morning though, it takes hours.
AMAZING race, course is hard but the crowd help you to ignore it. save some energy for the undulating run to and through central park in the last 3 miles or so!!
you'll love it. my pic on here is the smile i had on my face at 18 miles, it was the same smile all the way round though. jealous of anyone doing it this year! will definately try and do it again.
enjoy the build up! :-) :-)
Jan 2007
10:40am, 23 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
Kieren
here you go :)
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=3674&category=races
Jan 2007
10:42am, 23 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
I am hoping to do this next year with my son who lives in Australia, should be a great experience on both counts :)
Jan 2007
10:44am, 23 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
Girlie
So am I and am already excited about it! It sounds such a fab event.
Jan 2007
5:36pm, 23 Jan 2007
0 posts
  •  
Thanks Making Tracks! Managed to create this thread by mistake!! Not sure how! Am doing the race for my birthday!! Deposit paid!
Apr 2007
4:27pm, 24 Apr 2007
0 posts
  •  
RuthB2
Ok, please don't assume that I'm thinking of signing up for another marathon after Sunday but....

those who do this, how do you work it logistically? as in when do you fly there/back? what's it like?

(but Sssshhh, I'm resting, honest)

About This Thread

Maintained by chocciemonster