New York City Marathon

22 watchers
Aug 2012
5:49pm, 16 Aug 2012
1,888 posts
  •  
Sweaty Frank
For those who have not run it before, or just want to review, here is a high-speed video of the entire course.
http://youtu.be/Ua0TOyzmN9k
Sep 2012
9:46am, 11 Sep 2012
289 posts
  •  
Roma
Logged my baggage option (no baggage) got my number and registration form, not long now!! Wooohooo!
Sep 2012
11:50am, 11 Sep 2012
2,076 posts
  •  
tom_craggs
I am not runinng but have a few runners that are inclyuding my girlfriend. I read this 'baggage option' things as a bit of a joke - notice you don't get the cape or t-hsirt if you choose the baggage option. I know I am moaning but for the money you all have to pay for this race I think they have hand;ed this really badly.
Sep 2012
12:00pm, 12 Sep 2012
291 posts
  •  
Roma
They did handle it badly but at least they bowed to people power and re-instated baggage. Sort of :-) I think all US races are expensive - it has made me look at London in a new light ;-)
Sep 2012
12:12pm, 12 Sep 2012
1,892 posts
  •  
Sweaty Frank
I opted for no baggage as well, Roma. No worries. I do this at Boston every year. Wear some old, throw-away clothes to the start, then meet up with my wife at the finish who will have a change of clothes for me. For those who do not have a family or friends waiting for them at the finish, I understand why the bags are important. Also, just a note on the expense of US marathons, only the big ones (NYC, Boston, Chicago, etc.) are so pricey. Aside from them, I typically pay around 80 USD for marathons.
Sep 2012
1:14pm, 21 Sep 2012
2,092 posts
  •  
tom_craggs
Even 80 USD I think is quite expensive but granted totally different league to the major ones. My reason for irritation of the bags is that Wendy (can call her 'm girlfriend' - sounds weird) is there on her own.
Oct 2012
12:28pm, 23 Oct 2012
47,929 posts
  •  
Puddington
"You will run through a melting pot of ethnic and cultural influences as you leave suburban Staten Island, run through Brooklyn and Queens before crossing into Manhattan, briefly pass through the Bronx and finish in Central Park."

Sounds all short and easy :-)
Oct 2012
2:09am, 25 Oct 2012
1,896 posts
  •  
Sweaty Frank
Good travels to all. See you in NYC. I'll be arriving on Thursday, staying in New Jersey. Going to the Expo on Friday, then resting on Saturday.
Oct 2012
8:18pm, 27 Oct 2012
20 posts
  •  
clydesdale489rac
Fly out Tuesday to combine a wee holiday with the race, sooooo looking forward to it. Good luck Fetchies
Oct 2012
7:37pm, 28 Oct 2012
21 posts
  •  
clydesdale489rac
Cancel that, not flying Tuesday now. Might have to cancel entry, earliest flight is now Friday going out and back Monday s need to be in the UK on Tuesday.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sweaty Frank
Anyone received a confirmation from the NYC Marathon yet? They took my money a month ago, but I hav...