New Training Log Layout

4 watchers
Jan 2017
2:18pm, 3 Jan 2017
1,172 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
If you click where it currently says January 2017, you can choose any date range. I find anything more than a month takes a while to load.
Jan 2017
2:24pm, 3 Jan 2017
7,084 posts
  •  
lammo
You need to untick current month, or something like that in the settings, click the little cog thing
Jan 2017
2:26pm, 3 Jan 2017
7,085 posts
  •  
lammo
oh no, thats not it, sorry
Jan 2017
2:04pm, 4 Jan 2017
624 posts
  •  
Festive Organism
Thanks guys but neither is what I mean!

Stu, when you click on the date range it just expands the numbers of boxes and scrolls down forever. What I am referring to is the monthly summary at the very top of the page with JFMAMJJASOND along the top, and just the number of miles ran within each month. At the moment only running for 2017 appears, but I have logs going back to 2010 which seem to pop up for a second when navigating to the "Your Log" page, but then disappear entirely. It's very strange.
Jan 2017
2:49pm, 4 Jan 2017
1,173 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
Ah, have you got the filter set to "Recent" (Top left corner)? Try changing it to "Run"
Jan 2017
8:18am, 8 Jan 2017
9,425 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
That'll be it - it doesn't look like a menu on my screen (text with white background) so understandable to miss it.
Jan 2017
5:15pm, 12 Jan 2017
25 posts
  •  
Bignose
Th
Jan 2017
5:17pm, 12 Jan 2017
26 posts
  •  
Bignose
The new layout is fantastic. Could I please please please have speed work as a training category.
Jan 2017
1:01pm, 24 Jan 2017
2,032 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
I'm still struggling to understand and use efficiently the new training log layout - thought the old one was really well laid out and simple to use.

Anyway, see if anyone can give pointers to what I'm doing wrong.

The top left drop down of Recent, Swim, Bike, Run, Cross, Hours - is that supposed to be "sticky", I thought it was ?
When I go in it's set to Bike, and I want to check some of the cross training I did last year, so change it to Cross, works ok, and click on the month I'm interested in, say November. Works fine, see all my November training detailed line by line below. If I go back up to the monthly totals summary, and click on another month, say October then whilst it correctly shows all the individual October entries lower down, the monthly summary totals have changed back to Bike !!

Also, in the individual entries for the month chosen, there is a drop down for variable fields, this was showing Heart, I changed it to Notes, but when I choose another month from up top it is back to Heart data again.

Thought both of these drop downs were supposed to be sticky, and I'm sure they used to be, anyone else ??

This is on a Windows laptop, using Chrome if that makes any difference.
Jan 2018
9:19pm, 26 Jan 2018
15,311 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Hurrah, a new feature added! One I meant to ask for, but erm, never got round to. One thing that bugged me was how in sections like elevation, with an additional side graph, this meant that the main graph did not line up with the pace graph. However there is now an arrow to hide the side graph so that the sections line up :-). So eg on a bike ride, my fast bit now line up with the downhills. Good work, Fetch. (Although another arrow which brings them back might be an idea?)

Gus, as to your points, yes, still some wrinkles needing ironing, like the variable fields thing. How the top part of the page works comes from prior revisions and is also a bit wonky, I can't remember what the explanation of what it should do was at the time, but I don't think is is doing visually what was meant. I think the basis was increasing efficiency on how the data loads- more loads and can then be queried, instead having to make more individual calls, or such?

About This Thread

Maintained by Major
I'm liking the new layout. Might take a couple of sessions to get used to it but it certainly look...