New training gear? tips, reviews and discussions!

3 watchers
Nov 2022
4:12pm, 25 Nov 2022
1,997 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
Do we have a tread for this?
I like training stuff, tech and gadgets.
Here we can show new stuff and ask about things of interest!

I just clicked home a pair of NB fresh foam Hierro v7 since I just put studs in my hoka speed goats.
It was SteveNordrunner who talked well about them a while ago I think, let’s see if I will like them for longer easy trail ish runs.
Nov 2022
6:22pm, 25 Nov 2022
20,775 posts
  •  
Sharkie
there's this one

fetcheveryone.com/forum/what-new-kit-have-you-bought-has-arrived-in-the-post-today-5272/
Nov 2022
6:58pm, 25 Nov 2022
1,998 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
Pretty close i guess i thought I’ve seen something like that.
Well this can be a β€œstuff maybe about to get bought” thread then. :)
Nov 2022
9:43pm, 25 Nov 2022
2,273 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
I got those to be my one pair of goretex shoes. (I have a lot of shoes.) I cut the silly flap off the back. They are comfy for easy, not-too-technical trail runs. Having said that, if it is not a goretex day and I want a cushioned shoe for easy trails I like even more the NB Fresh Foam More Trail :) More technical but still cush I like the Saucony Xodus Ultra. I haven't run in them much, yet.
Nov 2022
6:51am, 26 Nov 2022
1,999 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
Oh crap, that was the one I actually was looking for 🀣 NordRunner
Oh well, you can never have too many running shoes.

Will be interesting to try a pair of NB.
Nov 2022
5:19pm, 26 Nov 2022
2,005 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
Well I had the time to cancel the order for the Hierro and place an order for the fresh foam more trail instead 🀣

By the way I also tried ECG Gel for my pulse band today, since I recently have had some issues in dry and cold weather with loosing contact.

Worked like a charm today, but I will have to use it for a while to see if it’s so.
It can’t hurt anyhow.
Nov 2022
6:29pm, 30 Nov 2022
2,023 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
The NB fresh foam more trail v2 where clunky πŸ˜‚

I have just tried them on indoors and they are beasts.

Shall be interesting to go for a trail run in these shoes. But maybe they are what I’m looking for. Stable and soft ish.
Like my other recovery run shoes, Saucony Guide.
Dec 2022
12:41pm, 1 Dec 2022
2,031 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
Maybe just me in this thread :)
But here comes a review of my new NB shoes.
NB Fresh Foam More Trail V2.
They are the "biggest" shoes i ever had. Felt very clunky to the feel and when i took a few steps indoors. Almost stiff and hard.
Thought it was a bit strange since they are supposed to be "soft".

First run today, they felt really nice, a little bit on the heavy side, but felt quite nimble. Especially with a noticeable "rocker" that kicked in immediately if you picked up the pace a bit and drove you forward in a comfortable way.

They are firm and stable, but not hard, and bouncy not dead stiff.

It's nice to have stability and protection to sharp rocks on gravel roads during slow plods.

They are not the go to shoes in very technical terrain, cus then i have to speed down considerably not to kill myself, but works fine in mixed terrain. Very good traction and over all feel on everything from wet rocks to mud and roots.
They will be my go to shoes when i go for slow and easy and longer easy trail runs.
Dec 2022
10:30pm, 1 Dec 2022
2,310 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
I think your v2s might be a bit changed from my v1s, but overall I feel about the same. The Xodus Ultra is a great alternative - I shouldn't really have both :) For more technical stuff I use Peregrines, though they feel a bit naked after becoming used to the other two. I used to use Speedcrosses, which are very effective but I don't like such a high drop any more.
Dec 2022
9:51am, 2 Dec 2022
2,035 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
Yes maybe, i'll get use to them, so far im happy. Very different to my other shoes, Speed cross and Speedgoats. so a great addition to the shoe rotation :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Do we have a tread for this?
I like training stuff, tech and gadgets.
Here we can show new stuff and ask about things of interest!

I just clicked home a pair of NB fresh foam Hierro v7 since I just put studs in my hoka speed goats.
It was SteveNordrunner who talked well about them a while ago I think, let’s see if I will like them for longer easy trail ish runs.