New trainers for marathon
11:28am, 27 Mar 2012
Fenland RunnerI agree with KB, if the same version of the same shoe, not a problem, done it more than once with 'box fresh' Lunarglides. But if less brave (or stupid) the 50 mile suggestion is a good idea.
11:32am, 27 Mar 2012
Derby TupI did my Bob Graham (23hr 44mins walk / run in the Lakes) in a pair of Inov-8 shoes in which I'd done a couple of 30min walks and one eight mile run. If your shoes fit and they are a model you've used before then one or two short runs should be fine before the marathon
About This ThreadMaintained by FML
What is the general opinion on using 'new' trainers for marathon. Is it good idea and how many mil...
- Do you regularly use more than one pair of running shoes?
- Nike Triax
- Fetch modellers - 1/10th RC electric buggies, but could include other stuff if you want! :-)
- Weight training -why so sore?
- The Concept 2 torture machine
- Treadmill advice
- Minimalist Footwear Thread
- Ron Hill Finally Breaks His Streak