New Glasses View - Coming Soon

31 watchers
Feb 2014
10:25am, 4 Feb 2014
17,442 posts
  •  
Nick Cook
I've got some swimming training in my log.
Feb 2014
10:26am, 4 Feb 2014
13,964 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Have you got any files handy?
Feb 2014
10:28am, 4 Feb 2014
4,153 posts
  •  
Kimbles
I've got a couple of FIT files for swimming. Only started using these if they are any good to you. Can send them tonight if required.
Feb 2014
10:30am, 4 Feb 2014
13,965 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
That'd be great thank you.
Feb 2014
10:31am, 4 Feb 2014
4,154 posts
  •  
Kimbles
Will pop them over later :-)
Feb 2014
11:14am, 4 Feb 2014
2,395 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
Ive done alot of treadmills runs in the last year or so, not sure how I'd send you the files though? If you instruct me, I'll send them tonight.
Feb 2014
11:15am, 4 Feb 2014
2,396 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
Actually, sctrach that entirely. I dont use my Garmin for treadmill runs. Doh!
Feb 2014
13,966 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
What are you using to record your data?
Feb 2014
17,450 posts
  •  
Nick Cook
No, my swimming is manually entered. No good then?
Feb 2014
11:16am, 4 Feb 2014
2,397 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
Manual entry for treadmill stuff Im afraid :(

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
1) the off- and on-able graph lines in the top graph.
2) the split breaker. No longer does it show your split times in hard-to-work-out seconds, and the data table beneath it should also be useful.
3) cadence and power graphs for those that record it
4) a few nods to the different requirements of swim/bike/run - colour coded graphs, no ascent/descent for swims, more appropriate split options for swims.
5) works with no lat/lng data in your file - good for turbo, treadmill, pool swims
6) no automatic saving of route e.g. "Imported from your Toaster - 2014-02-10" - but you can name & save route with one click if it's special. If you play Conquercise or Fetchpoint, you don't have to do ANYTHING differently. Reports of a few bugs in Fetchpoint as a result, I'm working on those.
7) the ground work for changing the top graph into a javascript-based one that will integrate directly with the map slider, and show a tooltip for wherever you are on the graph. Playing with that in dev.
8) reclaiming notes field for notes. Still captures basic split information, but pace/hr bands etc now in their own graphs. Similar updates to user profiles on the cards so you can see how others are training (but expect it to be restrictable by the owner).
9) Some cute little icons for the weather / conditions. If you always leave these options as 'perfect', 'still' and 'none' then you won't see anything. Think of it as a way of capturing conditions that might have had an impact on your run.
10) Little blue (i)'s that give a bit more information about each of the sections.
11) When you import from file, you can now pre-choose sport - and rather than being taken to the 'edit' screen, you're taken to the 'view' aka the 'glasses' view.
12) Some folks were concerned that watch elevation data gets ignored. This is on purpose - GPS-based elevation data is notoriously inaccurate. When you're taken to the glasses view, elevation profile should pop up after a few seconds, and the ascent/descent likewise. If it doesn't happen, try refreshing the page.

REPORTED BUGS:
1) Westmoors - kit reporting 0 miles.
2) Some issues with the information popups being obscured on RHS of browser window.
3) Some lines extend above top of graph, so peaks are missing.
4) Larkim - choice of sport is being ignored.
5) Ascent/descent not showing on 'list view' nor in weekly graphs.

REQUESTS:
1) Indicator of 'amount of flattening' flattening.
2) Option to reduce flattening (without having to go via reset)
3) Remember flattening setting
4) Option to show paceband, HR band graphs etc as table of data rather than graph.