New Glasses View - Coming Soon

31 watchers
Feb 2014
9:26am, 4 Feb 2014
13,960 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've been working on the 'glasses' view in your training log - here's a screenshot of where I'm up to:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/images/glasses_20140204.jpg

Key things:

1) the big graph at the top, with options on the left for overlaying various things
2) new little graphs on the right showing pace bands, hr bands, etc. Will show cadence and power if you record them.
3) little blue info icons, to help guide you on each section
4) split breaker tool on the left.

It would be good to get a variety of files to test with, so I can see how the graphs perform. Things like massive bike rides, anything to do with swimming (indoor and outdoor), runs with footpods, runs on treadmills, interval sessions, hill sessions, hilly runs, high altitude runs, big pauses, loss of satellite accuracy half way through - anything that might produce some unusual results.

If you've got files for anything like that, please could you email me a copy of the file (explaining what phenomena you're providing). My email address is ian@ you know where (attempting to minimise spam by not including the whole thing).

Thanks,
Me
Feb 2014
9:38am, 4 Feb 2014
2,655 posts
  •  
ChrisThePuma
sends email to ian@youknowwhere.com ;-)
Feb 2014
9:41am, 4 Feb 2014
10,759 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
Somebody's been out running on Route 51...
Feb 2014
9:45am, 4 Feb 2014
24,873 posts
  •  
Frobester
Ah, the oh-so-familiar Willington Track. I thought this was about the availability of Fetch to browse on Google Glasses...
Feb 2014
9:48am, 4 Feb 2014
13,962 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Thanks for keeping me company everybody whilst I wait for someone sensible :-)
Feb 2014
9:53am, 4 Feb 2014
6,092 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
to begin with i thought that looks a bit over fussy, then when I go back to the current one, it might be a little better, a bit less scanning up and down.

is that sensible enough?
Feb 2014
9:55am, 4 Feb 2014
2,656 posts
  •  
ChrisThePuma
I think he wants files, like FIT files, and other files that come from watches so he can test them - I may be wrong.
Feb 2014
9:58am, 4 Feb 2014
6,093 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
oh yes he does :-)

still I like it anyway, and not sensible at all :-)
Feb 2014
10:09am, 4 Feb 2014
13,963 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Feb 2014
10:14am, 4 Feb 2014
128 posts
  •  
Shortcut Cam
Nice one. All my Garmin data on 1 page.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
1) the off- and on-able graph lines in the top graph.
2) the split breaker. No longer does it show your split times in hard-to-work-out seconds, and the data table beneath it should also be useful.
3) cadence and power graphs for those that record it
4) a few nods to the different requirements of swim/bike/run - colour coded graphs, no ascent/descent for swims, more appropriate split options for swims.
5) works with no lat/lng data in your file - good for turbo, treadmill, pool swims
6) no automatic saving of route e.g. "Imported from your Toaster - 2014-02-10" - but you can name & save route with one click if it's special. If you play Conquercise or Fetchpoint, you don't have to do ANYTHING differently. Reports of a few bugs in Fetchpoint as a result, I'm working on those.
7) the ground work for changing the top graph into a javascript-based one that will integrate directly with the map slider, and show a tooltip for wherever you are on the graph. Playing with that in dev.
8) reclaiming notes field for notes. Still captures basic split information, but pace/hr bands etc now in their own graphs. Similar updates to user profiles on the cards so you can see how others are training (but expect it to be restrictable by the owner).
9) Some cute little icons for the weather / conditions. If you always leave these options as 'perfect', 'still' and 'none' then you won't see anything. Think of it as a way of capturing conditions that might have had an impact on your run.
10) Little blue (i)'s that give a bit more information about each of the sections.
11) When you import from file, you can now pre-choose sport - and rather than being taken to the 'edit' screen, you're taken to the 'view' aka the 'glasses' view.
12) Some folks were concerned that watch elevation data gets ignored. This is on purpose - GPS-based elevation data is notoriously inaccurate. When you're taken to the glasses view, elevation profile should pop up after a few seconds, and the ascent/descent likewise. If it doesn't happen, try refreshing the page.

REPORTED BUGS:
1) Westmoors - kit reporting 0 miles.
2) Some issues with the information popups being obscured on RHS of browser window.
3) Some lines extend above top of graph, so peaks are missing.
4) Larkim - choice of sport is being ignored.
5) Ascent/descent not showing on 'list view' nor in weekly graphs.

REQUESTS:
1) Indicator of 'amount of flattening' flattening.
2) Option to reduce flattening (without having to go via reset)
3) Remember flattening setting
4) Option to show paceband, HR band graphs etc as table of data rather than graph.