BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

New forum feature: useful links

7 watchers
19 Jan
7:40pm, 19 Jan 2021
25500 posts
fetcheveryone
Lots of threads have a list of links over on the right in the 'About This Thread' box. I thought it would be good to formalise these a little bit - so you'll see 'Useful Links' boxes start to pop up on threads (see The Benefits of Giving Up Alcohol for an example).

The person who 'owns' the thread description can add and maintain this list of links. I reckon it'd help ensure that thread descriptions can be a little bit tidier, with all the useful links in their own box down below.

I've also added a 'Show Full Description...' button to threads that have very long descriptions. Hopefully that's self-explanatory.
19 Jan
7:41pm, 19 Jan 2021
5691 posts
FenlandRunner
Great work. Is it my imagination or has your volume of improvements increased?
19 Jan
7:43pm, 19 Jan 2021
25502 posts
fetcheveryone
I don't know about that. Maybe I'm just doing stuff that you look at more.
19 Jan
11:28pm, 19 Jan 2021
406 posts
SteveC NordRunner
That's a nice incremental improvement. Things just keep getting better :)
20 Jan
2:00pm, 20 Jan 2021
6290 posts
minardi
There's a "search option in forum" twice in the Related Threads - are they related or a duplicate?

Loving your work Mr Fetch
20 Jan
3:14pm, 20 Jan 2021
11200 posts
chunkywizard
nice, thanks
20 Jan
3:17pm, 20 Jan 2021
38668 posts
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
minardi - they both contain the same opening post by the same person, so started out the same. Presumably a mistake. But they evolved differently, so now they are different!
20 Jan
3:18pm, 20 Jan 2021
10354 posts
lammo
Much better than the toenails thread suggestion

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Lots of threads have a list of links over on the right in the 'About This Thread' box. I t...