BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

New Forest Marathon Profile

2 watchers
Aug 2017
9:00pm, 8 Aug 2017
First-time poster!!
Nomeo
Hi there,
I'm doing the New Forest Marathon on 10 September and I'd like to see how hilly the route is. I can't find the course profile on the website other than the video and a map. I thought I'd seen it before... does anyone know where I can find it?? Thanks
Aug 2017
9:10pm, 8 Aug 2017
1509 posts
FergusG
Welcome to Fetch, Nomeo. I found the following on strava that might be what you're looking for: strava.com
Aug 2017
9:27pm, 8 Aug 2017
2 posts
Nomeo
Thanks FergusG. I can't see the actual profile on there but I'm not a strava expert. Can you see it? Thanks
Aug 2017
9:48pm, 8 Aug 2017
1510 posts
FergusG
It should show up at the bottom of the page, even if you're not logged in to Strava. Here's a screenshot....

Aug 2017
10:15pm, 8 Aug 2017
2007 posts
Surrey Phil
I'm not sure how much of the original course is being used (I last ran it in 2011 when the HQ was in New Milton). I recall there being a few undulations. One in particular from 2010 was run in reverse in 2011.

Hills aside, I found it a really nice run and hope to go back again soon. I found getting out of the New Forest and back onto the motorway almost as challenging as the marathon itself. I'm intrigued to see how the new start/finish location and course fare to that used previously.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nomeo
Hi there,
I'm doing the New Forest Marathon on 10 September and I'd like to see how hilly...