New Forest Marathon 2015

4 watchers
Mar 2015
3:27pm, 24 Mar 2015
3,166 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
New Forest is looking like the front runner at the moment. It's a bit nearer to me (SE London) than either Nottingham, Hull or Mablethorpe and probably easier to convince supporters to come along to.
Mar 2015
11:14pm, 24 Mar 2015
286 posts
  •  
Wooters
To chuck my 2p worth in, I now live in Hull and am doing the marathon here. I can confirm it is flat, very flat, except for the Humber bridge section and a 'hill' on the south bank of the Humber. I used to live in Croydon, sarf London and know it is a tad far for supporters to come that said you can get return tickets for £25 and it’s a cheap night out up here.

Here’s an elevation map of hull marathon if it helps, and works

thehullmarathon.co.uk
Mar 2015
12:57pm, 25 Mar 2015
795 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I like this event and the Race HQ change is interesting. Although I have not run the New Forest Marathon since 2011, the entry fee (£43) is about twice as much as I remember paying for it.
Mar 2015
9:39am, 27 Mar 2015
4,686 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I ran this in 1993 and got my marathon PB. That was when it started from New Milton. This year, for the first time, it starts at the same venue as the New Forest 10 mile. It is classified as multi terrain, so I imagine it will be a mixture of trails and roads, similar to the NF 10. I think they will be charging £2 for parking, so don't forget to bring some cash!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by PaulaMc
This is on my list of possibles for a marathon this autumn - I'm looking for a race that ticks the ...