New computer

1 watcher
Oct 2016
8:39am, 12 Oct 2016
27,827 posts
  •  
Old Croc
Been meaning to get a new computer for a wee while now. Old laptop has gone u/s - again and this time looks terminal.

So big question is what do I go for? I kind of fancy a Mac (iMac as opposed to a Macbook) as have had so many windows problems over time. Any issues with using this site and Garmin Connect / Express on a Mac?

And any other issues I might need to know about?
Oct 2016
1:16pm, 12 Oct 2016
27,012 posts
  •  
Nick Cook
I bought a MiniMac a few years ago 'cos I felt like trying it. Have to say after many years of Windows I didn't really get on with the operating system. I'm sure if I'd stuck with it an bothered to learn it, it would have been fine. But I'm back with a Windows laptop now.
I had no problems with Garmin Connect /Express on it.
Oct 2016
1:17pm, 12 Oct 2016
30,775 posts
  •  
NoFleecingAround
I have a MacBook. Love it so much I will never buy a Windoze computer again :) No interminable updates, and it's such a pleasure to use once you get your head round the differences. I don't upload my runs from it but the Garmin Express stuff works fine updating my sat nav.
Oct 2016
1:35pm, 12 Oct 2016
27,832 posts
  •  
Old Croc
thanks folks - think I was just after the nod of approval

and NHS discounts just come up with a code for 10% off!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Old Croc
Been meaning to get a new computer for a wee while now. Old laptop has gone u/s - again and this ti...