BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

New Balance shoes

2 watchers
Sep 2012
5:06pm, 16 Sep 2012
392 posts
LazyLady
Hello,
My trainers are getting rather worn (toes poking through the mesh of my Asics!) and I'm thinking of buying a pair of New Balance road running shoes, as they're made in the UK !
Right foot normal, left foot over-pronates... looking for a bit of support. Can anyone recommend a New Balance range/style please...? Also are they a small/large fit shoe...?
Thank yoooo
:)
Sep 2012
5:15pm, 16 Sep 2012
85 posts
southcoastclaret
If buying British is important to you, do be careful - My NB's have "Made in China" written on them!
Sep 2012
5:18pm, 16 Sep 2012
1044 posts
Pestomum
AFAIK the trainers are UK made but the kit isn't?
Sep 2012
5:40pm, 16 Sep 2012
393 posts
LazyLady
Hmmm... did a wee check

http://www.newbalance.co.uk/Made-In-UK/made-in-uk,en_GB,pg.html

Hoping most of em are made in UK

I'm trying to buy British wherever possible, but it's really not at all always possible ! How can Canary Islands tomatoes be cheaper than those grown in Herefordshire...? (but that's comment for a different thread methinks !!) :D
Sep 2012
8:29pm, 16 Sep 2012
164 posts
katief89
I'm the opposite - I overpronate with my right foot and not my left and have had new balances for the last 5 pairs of trainers - 1226s and 1260s and they do the job for me! See if you can do some gait analysis. I wear the standard width (and I've got quite wide feet) but a 7.5 rather than my usual 7. Would definitely recommend.
Sep 2012
8:43pm, 16 Sep 2012
5642 posts
Dvorak
I like NBs but they have a baffling and ever changing range (though not unique in that). Though either my feet have grown or the shoes are sizing a bit smaller, so getting a half size up would probably be a good idea.

Checked my latest pair (738) - made in UK and are lightweight with a bit of OP control. Unlike other makes, I haven't ended up with my toes poking through them.
Sep 2012
8:46pm, 16 Sep 2012
2876 posts
Scotty
My "Made in the UK" labelled NB 1226`s were bought for a measly 28 quid from a JJB closing sale several months ago. I used to wear the NB 800 series support shoes then got diverted into Asics and most recently Nike Lunarglides. However, they didn`t give enough support so the 1226`s do a great job. The model has been replaced by 1260`s which I think have/are about to be replaced too. I used to take an E fit in NB, but went up a half size with the 1226`s in a normal D width.
Sep 2012
1:21pm, 19 Sep 2012
3059 posts
Tav H
I think "made in the UK" means just glued together / laced / boxed.
Oct 2012
1:34am, 22 Oct 2012
395 posts
LazyLady
Just noticed more updates !

I have wide feet, so different width sizes good. (other half sez I should be better at swimming than running with 'those flippers' - cheek!)
Think I have to get to a place selling NB shoes n do some trying on - then maybe try source cheaper on t'internet.#

Many thanks everyone for all the info

:)
Oct 2012
7:53am, 22 Oct 2012
3002 posts
Derby Tup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWUKAOJYxEg

Yes, it's a company film but I love it :-)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by -Ruthie-
Hello,
My trainers are getting rather worn (toes poking through the mesh of my Asics!) and I'm thi...