New Balance Off Road shoes.

4 watchers
May 2012
12:44pm, 15 May 2012
1,358 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
amazon.co.uk

I wore my MTE101 for first time in a while at the weekend and I'd forgotten just how comfie they are :-)
May 2012
1:18pm, 15 May 2012
21,274 posts
  •  
Nellers
I've still got the first pair of Trail shoes I bought in Jan 2010, which are NB MT875s. Brown and orange, which is a delightful colour-scheme and matches perfectly with all my other kit.;-)

Anyway the important bit is that I've got on very well with them and they've worn very well, although in fairness I don't do that much off-road running. It's horses for courses, though, isn't it. Trial and mostly error. I just got lucky.
May 2012
3:09pm, 15 May 2012
2,995 posts
  •  
Tav H
I'd say for uneven stuff, i.e. probably not trail, quite low shoes would be more suited, hence WTE101s. Less ankle roll, etc.
Mar 2022
1:48pm, 4 Mar 2022
1,359 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
Why start a new thread when there's an old one? I pcked up a pair of NB Fresh Foam More Trail v1 going a bit cheap because v2 is coming out. The size 43 has a more roomy toebox than La Sportiva Rebels, which are about 3/4 a euro size short and had to pass to my SO. They fit about the same as Saucony Peregrine 11s. They are well cushioned, very grippy. An alternative to Speedgoats in tread and cushion style. I loved them for their first run. The tread worked well on fir roots and granite. They were also fine on pavement. I shall be using them a lot and I recommend them.
Mar 2022
5:45pm, 4 Mar 2022
67,736 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Thanks Steve, I’m in the market for a new pair of trail shoes and New Balance are my preferred brand, so this recommendation is both timely and relevant.
Mar 2022
6:19pm, 4 Mar 2022
1,362 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
I really do like them a lot. They are more roomy than 1080 v10 of the same size (as one wants for trails.) Having just been out in Peregrines for comparison I'd say they are slightly more roomy than those too.
Sep 2022
5:02pm, 30 Sep 2022
1,979 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
On the same subject I picked up a pair of NB Fresh Foam Hierro v6 GTX at a good price, because v7 is out, and v7 GTX coming soon. I was thinking of damp grass and heather in the back end. They are a similar fit to the More Trail, but have an increased drop to 8 mm and are not so max cush. They have flatter and broader knobs so lend themselves a bit to door-to-trail on a damp day, less so to slippery roots, but I hope they do OK on smooth granite - will see. (I have some best-grip model 1000 xc studs to try out if necessary.)

I think I am going to like them a lot, after having cut off the ridiculous rubber flap behind each heel. The 6s and 7s have improved quite a bit in weight since the earlier models, but they are still more of an autumn/spring door-to-trail cruiser.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
There are lots! Anyone got any experience/ suggestions?

http://www.newbalance.co.uk/women/footwea...