Neutral Trainer Advice

2 watchers
Dec 2015
7:21pm, 27 Dec 2015
19,260 posts
  •  
sioux
I've run in Mizuno Waveriders for yrs.
Current pair are the first No18's that I've had.
I seem to have had problems that I've never had befor.
Shin pain, Achilles probs and generally less comfortable.

Wondering if its time to try a new make.
I have narrow feet with fairly high arches so wider trainers never work for me.

Anyone got any recommendations or experience?
Should I styick with a brand that's served me well and right this pair of as a 'rogue'?
Dec 2015
7:52pm, 27 Dec 2015
1,561 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Shoe companies often annuoyingly completely change the characteristics of a shoe when releasing a new version.

Rather than go for a completely new shoe, stick with what you know works for you - if I was in your position I'd stock up on version 17s whilst they are still available. get googling and checking ebay, etc
Dec 2015
8:05pm, 27 Dec 2015
6,398 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
I've been in wave riders for ages with my
silly girly feet. My hands and feet are the only skinny bits of me. Was in saucony for several paid before that and they were ok - but it's so long ago the model wouldn't help you.

You are a lot skinnier than me but I am thinking of going back to saucony if I can't shed some tonnage as I find the mizuno less forgiving of excess ballast.

Oh and hello old friend
Dec 2015
8:21pm, 27 Dec 2015
19,269 posts
  •  
sioux
Yay LF. How's you?

Never tried Saucony.

My feel and hands are very bony and skinny.

I'll have a search.

Like Gus idea of stocking up but couldn't get that many pairs so need to be thinking of trying something new too.
Dec 2015
8:26pm, 27 Dec 2015
6,400 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
I'm fine. New job and stuff.

Anyway I'll stop derailing your thread
Dec 2015
12:15am, 28 Dec 2015
2,652 posts
  •  
Old Man
Sioux, have a look at Mizuno Enigma's, very similar to Riders, with the wave plate rather than the traditional under arch support other manufacturers use. Mizuno also come up bigger than other brands
Dec 2015
8:39pm, 29 Dec 2015
82 posts
  •  
SVrunner
Hi Sioux, I can't talk highly enough of New Balance 880v4's. I used to run in Nike Pegasus for years, right up to ver 29, then became too pricey and didn't like look of new versions or sound of reviews so decided to switch to the 880v4's. Took a little while to get used to but not regretted it since. In fact just bought my 2nd pair even though 1st pair still going strong after 500+ miles. One thing though, I needed a half size bigger in the NB's than I did in the Nike's. Have a look at Sweatband.com, they were £53 with free delivery :)
duo
Dec 2015
8:44pm, 29 Dec 2015
149 posts
  •  
duo
I have very narrow bony feet and I wear Saucony Kinvara 4s at the moment. Previously I was in their Triumph range.

Have you looked at different lacing techniques?
Dec 2015
9:18pm, 29 Dec 2015
19,360 posts
  •  
sioux
Thanks guys.

Some useful tips.

I'll have a look at shows and lacing techniques. 😄
Dec 2015
8:07pm, 30 Dec 2015
19,397 posts
  •  
sioux
Yay found some Saucony kinvara 4 for £51

Going to look at New Balance now

About This Thread

Maintained by Sushi.
I've run in Mizuno Waveriders for yrs.
Current pair are the first No18's that I've had.
I seem ...