Netball

5 watchers
EdJ
Jul 2019
1:42pm, 17 Jul 2019
308 posts
  •  
EdJ
Any netball fans on Fetch? There are threads for football, rugby, cricket, F1 - but no netball.

We've just arrived in Liverpool for the netball world cup. If you've never watched elite netball I'd recommend it. All the matches are being streamed for free.
Jul 2019
1:49pm, 17 Jul 2019
5,132 posts
  •  
Dai Bank
Mrs DB is a fan and has grabbed the remote a few times for the free-ish Sky Sports Netball channel. I've watched a few games, there is a marked speed and accuracy difference between some teams but it's a quick game now.
Jul 2019
1:52pm, 17 Jul 2019
13,461 posts
  •  
HowFar?
I haven’t seen any England games yet so I don’t know what they’re like. I saw Australia a couple of times and they look mightily impressive - suffocating defence, amazingly quick movement of the ball down the court and superb shooting.

There were a couple of women behind me last night who seemed to be missing the point that Australia are just very, very good.

“ Why don’t they mark their players? “ asked one when seeking to explain why the Australians always seemed to have loads of space to work in.

“Malawi are just too slow,” her friend replied, which (in this context) was true I suppose - but didn’t really seem to be giving the Australians the credit they deserved.
Jul 2019
2:23pm, 17 Jul 2019
2,138 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
I've been loving the netball on sky channel 121. I've only watched the England games so far and the first few we totally outranked the other team so it was an easy win. The game I watched on Monday was much closer (against Jamaica). I believe that Jamaica are ranked second and England are ranked third but we kept ahead of them (just) for the entire game.
Jul 2019
2:24pm, 17 Jul 2019
2,139 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
I saw HowFar?'s blog about having some spare tickets.

If only I lived closer to Liverpool.
Jul 2019
2:40pm, 17 Jul 2019
98 posts
  •  
Love Lettuce
Where are the matches screened Ed? I was scarred by experiences of netball at school, but the trauma's finally faded now...
Jul 2019
2:40pm, 17 Jul 2019
99 posts
  •  
Love Lettuce
*streamed
Jul 2019
4:13pm, 17 Jul 2019
2,140 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
BBC are showing the later stages.

It's on Sky channel 121.
This link should tell you other ways to watch...
radiotimes.com
Jul 2019
4:41pm, 17 Jul 2019
3,088 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
My wife used to play netball (GK) for clubs in Basildon and Croydon. She could have played at county level but stopped playing as it started getting quite physical and came off court with bruises. Her dad was also a qualified umpire in local leagues and once officiated in a friendly with the touring West Indies team.

I sometimes keep an eye out to see how England get on as well as Surrey Storm. However, my wife doesn't really follow it as a spectator sport even when games are on Sky.
EdJ
Jul 2019
4:54pm, 17 Jul 2019
309 posts
  •  
EdJ
The matches are all streamed on YouTube. Just search netball world cup 2019. Scotland v Jamaica starting in 5 minutes.

About This Thread

Maintained by EdJ
A thread for netball (given that there are ones for football, rugby, cricket, F1 etc.)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.