Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Netball

4 watchers
Jul 2019
5:36pm, 20 Jul 2019
3090 posts
Surrey Phil
Agree with the New Zealand shooting. Didn't even touch the rim!

The England miss right at the end of Q1 summed it up really. New Zealand didn't allow England much space and forced enough errors. Chances were there to capitalise but the more dominant side probably deserved it.
EdJ
Jul 2019
7:03pm, 20 Jul 2019
315 posts
EdJ
We only had tickets for the first semi this morning - where the atmosphere was brilliant. Most people routing for SA.

Watched most of the England match from the NHS walk in centre with my daughter (nothing serious).

Just settling down to watch the Comic Relief match on TV. We saw it 'live' last night - it was very good.
Jul 2019
7:39pm, 20 Jul 2019
13466 posts
HowFar?
Hope your daughter is okay.

I watched the first three quarters of the comic relief game last night and then had to go and catch the ferry.

I missed the first semi final (I was on the bus at the time), but did get home in time for this afternoon's semi final.
EdJ
Jul 2019
8:14pm, 20 Jul 2019
316 posts
EdJ
[Daughter is fine thanks - going down with tonsillitis and wanted to get it sorted as soon as possible]
Jul 2019
8:32pm, 20 Jul 2019
13467 posts
HowFar?
Oh dear. I have been in that situation. I hope she caught it before it gets too nasty. Wish her a speedy recovery.
Jul 2019
5:59pm, 21 Jul 2019
16683 posts
Chrisity
Convincing win by England for the Bronze medal. Very exciting final, can't call it.
Jul 2019
6:07pm, 21 Jul 2019
16684 posts
Chrisity
Well played New Zealand, a deserved victory.
Jul 2019
11:06pm, 21 Jul 2019
3092 posts
Surrey Phil
England played so much better than in the semi-final. If only...
EdJ
Jul 2019
7:00am, 22 Jul 2019
317 posts
EdJ
Much easier to play better against a weaker defence though!

Whilst a fairy tale ending would have been nice for England, I think the end set of results were fair enough. Although expectations were high after last year's Commonwealth Games, it's easy to forget that last year we won the semi with a last second goal, and the same in the final - so the fine margins then went our way.

Pleased for New Zealand though - and hopefully it makes them feel a bit better about the cricket... Good also to see South Africa join the other 'top four'. And should make for a great tournament in Capetown in 2023.
Jul 2019
10:25pm, 22 Jul 2019
16686 posts
Chrisity
One of our running club ladies was working on the publicity and organisation side of the tournament. I saw her this afternoon on her way back from the tournament. Apart from looking like she hadn't slept for two weeks and complaining that she hadn't had time for a run, she was so pleased with the way it went (except for The Roses now winning). She also said was that if we couldn't win it then she was glad it was the Silver Ferns, as they were a lovely bunch of girls.

I really enjoyed the games that i saw and hope that it helps improve the image of the game in England.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by EdJ
Any netball fans on Fetch? There are threads for football, rugby, cricket, F1 - but no netball.

W...