Neoprene cycling overshoes

1 watcher
Nov 2015
6:19pm, 28 Nov 2015
9,302 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
The overshoes I have are shit despite costing a fortune, dont keep the water out at all....iveseen people with much better looking versions and always been a bit jealous as they looked more likely to keep water out and feet warm
Nov 2015
6:50pm, 28 Nov 2015
143 posts
  •  
Oranj
Those Planet X ones look a bit open underneath - you want some with the minimum opening (you can even get some where you cut an exact hole for the cleat yourself). If you've got poor circulation like me your feet will get cold whatever you do, but I've got some Endura road neoprene overshoes which do a good job. Reasonably water-repellant too.
Nov 2015
8:27pm, 28 Nov 2015
1,825 posts
  •  
stu8
☺ another plus for planet x merino socks I've got loads of em, they do wear out on the soles but are cheap warm and dry quick

I was thinking of latex over shoes as its the wet and cold that cause me the most problems
Nov 2015
8:28pm, 28 Nov 2015
1,826 posts
  •  
stu8
Like thishttp://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/VeloToze/Tall-Shoe-Cover/6FJV
Nov 2015
8:29pm, 28 Nov 2015
1,827 posts
  •  
stu8
Like this sigmasport.co.uk
Nov 2017
9:26pm, 14 Nov 2017
14,675 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Two years later and I still haven't bought any! So I'm looking again. Today's combo was thermal socks under compression socks (in trainers, no proper bike shoes here) and in 6C, toes a little cold throughout but not terrible.

Given that I am very much not one for cycling in the rain, what about "shoe socks" like these? (found when following stu8's link above). sigmasport.co.uk

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dvorak
I'm sure a few people must use these, any thoughts? After about 45 minutes of winter riding, my to...