•  
Kimbles67
It could get messy lol
Feb 2012
7:11pm, 15 Feb 2012
879 posts
  •  
Mr Alf Tupper
especially if the men get a top 10 position this year! Alan O will be uncontrollable
Feb 2012
7:32pm, 15 Feb 2012
1,392 posts
  •  
Kimbles67
:-O
Feb 2012
10:23am, 20 Feb 2012
880 posts
  •  
Mr Alf Tupper
Both goals achieved, 29th individual place, which could have been higher but for a fall that winded me on the final lap :( !! In the team event we were 7th which is our highest for nearly 50 years. My 29th was also the highest finnish by a senior for 18 years at the nationals so all in all a great day.

Special mention has to go to our ladies team!! After an accident in Falkirk, our bus was diverted and held up for about an hour in traffic! It was getting ever closer to race start time so a mile from the course the women got off the bus and ran to the course in there spikes lol just making it to the lline as the race gun went! haha the people of Falkirk must have got a real fright

Hope you still enjoyed it Kimbles despite the un orthadox start!
Feb 2012
10:53am, 20 Feb 2012
2,239 posts
  •  
daviec
That's brilliant AT, well done.

I finished 135th, and the club were 12th. I lost interest in the 2nd half of the race and fell of the pace a bit so I'm a bit annoyed with that. Actually quite happy that's the end of my XC season now. On to the roads :)
Feb 2012
10:56am, 20 Feb 2012
881 posts
  •  
Mr Alf Tupper
Well Davie u did say you would be happy with top 150 so welldone.

I do love the country but also looking forward to the road and track! 5k and 10k pb's are the new goals as well as a decent time in the half.
Feb 2012
1:40pm, 20 Feb 2012
1,403 posts
  •  
Kimbles67
It was definitely a different start to a race day lol. The sight of 10 ladies running through Falkirk in full kit and spikes must have been a sight to see. It was like the charge of GGH ladies through the trees to the start line. My jumper and trail shoes were getting ripped off me and spikes shoved on me as I got to our tent. However, I missed the gun by 30 secs but I ran the 3/4 of the course anyway to get a feel for it, cause I deffo want to go back. My first ever taste of XC and enjoyed it. Well done to Mr AT and to the senior men in the club - what a fantastic result and a fantastic day out :-)

Well done daviec :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mr Alf Tupper
who is looking forward to the nationals? Always love the national.

any targets? training plans?